Strange/Stupid Things People Say...

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:38 am

ROTFL @ Squishy! I love your replys to those rude comments also. It used to erk me sooo bad when my husband and I went places together and I would always get those "looks". It was if folks would stab you with their eyes. lol. Jeesh! Ppl here are so uptight about inter-racial marriages. Now days I barely even notice anymore, but my sister who just moved here notices for me. lol. Nice of her. lol. Its so sad that when a white person smiles at me or holds the door for me, I'm always holding my breath waiting on them to see my husband, who is Mexican, and then their attitude might just switch midsmile or door hold and when it does its so discouraging...I'm just waiting to get hit in the face with one of those doors. lol. Its like they're thinking "oh, nice white soccer mom"..then my husband walks up and its like "OMLord! Race trader!!! ahhhh cooties get away....the brown might rub off...***repulsed looks accompany***" I'm just waiting for an opportunity to inform them it doesnt rub off and I should know I rub against him all the time . lol. I take it really personal and usually do get on my soap box though when they start with the Mexicans dont pay taxes bull mess. I WISH!!! lol. Oh, and he speaks english just fine otherwise I couldnt talk to him cuz my spanish is just sad...really sad, he told me to stop trying to speak spanish to our son. LOL! Neways its everywhere SquishyPumpkinCat. I get to hear loads of crap also since I'm white. As if I just couldnt have made it through the day without hearing someone insulting my husband or sons.

Topic author
MusicalMeg

Post by MusicalMeg » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:58 am

I live in California, so the race thing isn't always so bad. However, there are some people who are way defensive and think that nearly all white people are members of the kkk. I just say one thing about minorities getting preferential treatment in a few things, and someone says, "You're racist!" I'm like, "Oh, yes, I'm racist all right. Most of my friends are Asian; one of my closest friends is Mexican; I've dated two mexicans, a black guy, and a few white guys; and my current love interest is Mexican! Yes, of course I'm racist." People are such idiots sometimes.I just remembered another stupid thing someone has said to me once. See, I have light brown hair, and sometimes people don't realize that it's brown, not blonde. One time a friend of mine was telling a blonde joke, and then she was like, "No offense, Megan." I said, "None taken. I'm not a blonde." She was like, "Yes you are." "Uh... no I'm not." "Oh." It was funny.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:13 pm

Pharfly's thread on being pregnant reminded me of the comments I get sometimes when I take all four of my kids out in public alone. I'm only 5' tall and have been told that I look like a teenager at times, so I've had complete strangers tell me I have a beautiful family and then ask me if I'm "done yet". There's a guy we know slightly that asked me whenever we saw him when I was pregnant with my last one if I was going to stop anytime soon. Grr. Those people have no idea how close they come to being kneecapped by a short angry woman.

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:45 am

hey dellermama, I look young for my age too, I was almost 22 when I had baby #1 and I kept getting evil glares from older peoples, like the stupid teenagers getting pregnate look. What they don't know is my man and I have been living common law for 3 years before we had baby #1. Now I'm 26 and baby #4 is 8 weeks in the making... My Mom's co workers don't beleive shes a grandma! So I guess it's a good thing to look young! Plus it feals good to get ID'd for lotto tickets and alchol still, especially when the legal age is 18 here!Wow what can I add to what stupid thing people say.... Hows this a lady comes to the SPCA to give up her dog. Her reason, it got too big. You know taht happens people buy a little pup and end up with a horse... Well we ask her the usually ?'s and when we ask how old he is she tells us he's 7! My jaw dropped It took SEVEN years for her collie shepard cross to get too big. Then she tells us she got one of those shiz-tzu dogs.... Well poor Bandit was set in his ways and decided to be aggresive to us staff and failed our behavor tests and was unfotantaly euthinized.