What's the best thing you got for Christmas

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:12 am

I got my tank as an early present so I'm always happy about that and since hubby got a guitar we agreed to do just stocking stuffers for ourselves so my favorite gift is a Supernova CD featuring my favorite new star, Lukas Rossi! Love his vocals, can't wait for the show and couldn't be happier. Woo-hoo what a great surprise.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:15 am

The best thing...I guess the very best thing didn't come in a package, and that is my whole family together for the holidays. There is a a LOT of bickering and the kids can be a handful, but at least we are together.Best actual touch it gift- the new "Crab Nebula" as it was christened my my middle son.Other than that- my surprise mantid hatching and the fact that no one is crying as of yet this morning. (oh, and I got a few minutes alone to hit the forum!)
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:45 am

I agree with you Breeze about the family being together. Mine is my digital camera. I took lots of pics this year. Watching the smile on my sons face as he opened his presents. He recieved everything he wanted and then some. The only downfall this year is that my daughter is at her dad's this year. She won't be able to open till she gets back. But to know that she gets to meet her new baby brother and have him with her for his first Christmas makes the missing her all worth while. And her stepmom emailed me pics to see. He definitely is a cutie. and to see the smile on her face while she holds him makes it well worth it.

Topic author
hermitcrabaddiction

Post by hermitcrabaddiction » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:21 am

I got a drum set!!!! Who wants to start up a crabby band? LOL

Topic author
KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:34 am

Hmmm....the fact that I made my very first cheesecake (it's my stepdad's birthday cake) from scratch and it actually looks like an edible cheesecake. It's definitely not perfect (it overflowed in the oven since I may have slightly overfilled the crust ) but on the other hand, it's the right color, approximately the right shape and everything. I'll let you know how it tastes. LOL! Um, favorite gift that someone gave me, though? Well, the chameleons are pretty darn awesome. OH! And I got a collectors edition of all 11 seasons of MASH with bonuses and everything. That is a really cool gift, too. (OH! And these really cute crabby accessories that a couple of LHCers sent. One is on my MP3 player and the other is awaiting the right chain for a necklace.)

Topic author
TheGreyRonin

Post by TheGreyRonin » Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:08 am

Hm. I got almost nothing but clothes...but officially being an old fart guy, that's what I wanted, so it's cool.I've also been having a few health problems of late. Still need to get looked over to be completely sure, but it appears for Christmas I received the gift of them going away. *grins*(And even if they haven't, a few days feeling like they have are priceless...)

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:09 am

The Emeril cookbook I had personalized and autographed to my nephew was a huge hit (as was the Bam! apron and Orlando restaurant Tshirt). Colin lit up and gushed to his mom, "Hey Mum! Lookit!!" I said Hey Colin flip the cover and his expression was priceless. "How'd you do that???" My SIL said he called and told everyone for the rest of the day yesterday.This is a nice thread. Thanks for sharing everyone.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
Figgy

Post by Figgy » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:31 am

i got my onyx DS !!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:36 am

The best thing I got was to see my boys happy and healthy. The smiles on their faces and them playing side by side without yelling or screaming.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:59 am

I can't decide. I got the money to buy fabric for my frock coat, which is very cool. Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest 2 DVD edition - also very cool. Terry Pratchett's Wintersmith - yay.
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 am

I received a new hood for my hermie tank so that was their gift really My other fav gift is a nintendo ds lite(actually my son's but I play with it when he let's me!)Also all my new hermie stuff I got from Breezee in the gift exchange..He loves your clay by the way!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:26 pm

Ummm...hard to choose among material things so I guess that is a blessing in itself. I loved seeing the excitement on my kids' faces this morning when they saw their presents under the tree.My favorite gift was the Eagles beating the Cowboys tonight 23-7 and clinching a playoff berth with a backup QB. Spoken like a true sports obsessive fan.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:55 pm

Well, I would say mine is a three way tie. I got my digital camera from my mom, that I asked for and have been dying to get my hands on ever since I found out she bought it. I got a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond ring from the best husband in the world (mine, if we need to clarify). And I got a wool peacoat and knitted hooded scarf. Lovely and warm.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:42 pm

Green iPod nano (fav color) and lots of money that I'm just itching to spend. My boyfriend's away in Wisconsin so I don't have anyone to take me. I can't very well go alone. He's pretty much my only friend, but I'm trying to call this girl I know to see if she'll go with me. It might actually be fun to shop with a girl for once.I haven't seen my family in so long that I got a few bath things, which is completely weird. I'm the only girl they've never given bath things too, but I guess I've just reached that age. I got a lot of jewelry that I picked out of a magazine from my grandmother, and a scarf that I begged my mom for.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:43 pm

I finally got a Razor Cellphone! I also got a portable DVD player, and The Complete Ninth Season of Stargate SG-1 on DVD.