Another getting to know each other thread!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
KaraJo

Post by KaraJo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Haven't done one in a while and I know we have so many new members, so let's get to know each other a little bit! Just copy the questions and fill in your own answers!1) Name2) Favorite Holiday3) Another state you would live in4) Favorite sports teams5) Favorite zoo animal6) Married, Single, or in a relationship?7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have8) Any tattoos or piercings?9) Favorite Homemade meal10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?My answers:1) Kara2) Thanksgiving or Christmas b/c I get to be with my family3) California4) NFL-Chargers, Steelers MLB-Indians, Yankees, Reds College football-Penn State, Notre Dame5) I love the tortoises and the red panda6) In a relationship for 3 years.7) I wanted to be a teacher when I was little. Now My dreams are to become an architect8) No tattoos, got my ears pierced when I was 18 and thats all9) I love making lasagna and chicken alfredo and I love my mom's BBQ sandwiches10) I would love to talk to Ronald Reagan, Marilyn Monroe, Bon Jovi, or Jennifer Nettles.

1badcrab

Post by 1badcrab » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 pm

1) Name: Keg Callahan2) Favorite Holiday: my birthday ( it should be a national holiday )3) Another state you would live in: any4) Favorite sports teams: miami dolphins ( they didnt always suck )5) Favorite zoo animal: polar bears ( they sometimes eat people that feed the bears )6) Married, Single, or in a relationship?: married7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: im all grown up, i would like to be a pie taster.8) Any tattoos or piercings?: no9) Favorite Homemade meal: steak10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be: d.b. cooper ( maybe he would tell me where the money is at.)
Beware of the dog!...and dont trust the crabs either!

spidtat

Post by spidtat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:46 pm

1) Travis2) Labor Day (normally my b-day weekend)3) Missiouri4) K.C. Chiefs, Royals, College B-ball Indiana5) Polar Bear or Penguin6) Married7) Honestly I like my job 8) 8 tattoos and 1 piercing9) Grilled Chicken Baked Ziti10) Jerry Garcia
1 Rugs 2 Indo's, 2 Viola's, 4 Straws, 11 PP's, and 10 E's= 1 Very happy owner

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:51 pm

1) Name: Susan2) Favorite Holiday: Halloween3) Another state you would live in: Hmm don't know enought about the States too choose which one too live in. Northwesteren states would suit my weather prefrence.4) Favorite sports teams: I like equestrian, Ian Miller is my fav rider, Big Ben was his all time best horse.5) Favorite zoo animal: Big cats, they are magical, stunning, amazing and scary all at the same time 6) Married, Single, or in a relationship? Living common-law for 10 yrs this Jan, hoping too get married soon 7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: I wanted too be a Zoo keeper, in a sence I am now... lol8) Any tattoos or piercings? not yet, had my ears done 3x I let the hole close all 3 times lol9) Favorite Homemade meal: Definalty christmas dinner, Duck, stuffing, mashed potatos, carmel potatos, buns, gravy, gravy and more gravy.10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Steve Irwin or Princess Diana.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:42 pm

1. Amy2. Christmas, or Thanksgiving3. I'd love to move to Wyoming4. Packers, and I love UFC5. Big Cats...they're so majestic.6. Married since I was 187. I always wanted to be a veterinarian, but I didn't have an opportunity for college.8. 8 tattoos...i've had everything pierced in the past...but i'm a grown up now. I don't feel that I would look very good with a bunch of body jewelry.9. Chicken & Dumplings10. Jesus. After that, John Steinbeck.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:44 pm

1) Name: Beth2) Favorite Holiday: Christmas3) Another state you would live in: New England area (though I've never been)4) Favorite sports teams: NA5) Favorite zoo animal: Naked mole rats!6) Married, Single, or in a relationship? Relationship for 3 years7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: a vet 8) Any tattoos or piercings?: Earlobes9) Favorite Homemade meal: Lasagna (with soy beef of course!)10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?: Che Guevara

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:05 pm

1. Jen2. Thanksgiving3. Colorado4. I don't really like sports except badminton 5.I love sea aquariums like in Baltimore. The manatees are cool!6. Single7. I lucked out, I love my job.8. 4 piercings, plus one at top of my ear9. chicken potpie like my grandfather made10. My dad. He passed in '95.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:08 pm

1) Nicole 2) Christmas, definitely3) New York4) Philadelphia Eagles and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (he's a sports team, right? )5) Koala bears6) Married 12 years7) Am I grown up yet? I wish I'd become an accountant - but I am a bank teller so I'm finally at least working with money and figures to some capacity (though the pay scale is quite different!)8) 3 ear piercings, one done by me and two done professionally9) I love my mom's Fried Chicken - have never been able to duplicate it! 10) Bill Gates
~ crabbing since 2003

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 pm

1) Name: Jennifer2) Favorite Holiday: Christmas, spend with my family3) Another state you would live in: in Germany, none. But if I had to move, I would choose England.4) Favorite sports teams: um, none5) Favorite zoo animal: at Hagenbeck (the Hamburg zoo) it's the big tortoises because they enjoy being petted by me But my all-time favourite were the koala bears at the Duisbug zoo.6) Married, Single, or in a relationship? in a relationship for a bit over a year now7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: I'm a librarian and that's what I want to be8) Any tattoos or piercings? Two piercings, one nose ring and a lip frenulum piercing9) Favorite Homemade meal: goulash10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Carl Sagan and/or Terry Pratchett
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:14 pm

1) Name: Mackenzie2) Favorite Holiday: Halloween3) Another state you would live in: California4) Favorite sports teams: I root for Colorado teams, but I don't really follow sports5) Favorite zoo animal: South China Tiger6) Married, Single, or in a relationship? single7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: I wish I could live with no job, but when I "grow up" I'm going to be an Electrical Engineer, probably specialize in communications8) Any tattoos or piercings? ear lobes9) Favorite Homemade meal: Stuffed Shells... Ricotta cheese is my biggest weakness10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? My soul mate. Haven't found him yet though...

Korckina

Post by Korckina » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 am

1) Kori2) Halloween3) Massachusetts and California4) Does college count?? if so i like the University of MT Grizzlies5) Lion6) Single7) Archaeologist/Anthropologist8) My earlobes and my upper ear cartlage are pierced and no tattoos9) Mashed Potatoes10)The Tudor Family(think Henry VIII) and Oliver James

Topic author
Lynn T

Post by Lynn T » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:23 am

1) Lynn2) Advent3) Northern California4) FC Bayern Muenchen5) Lemurs6) Married with Children7) Travel Reporter8) Earlobes9) Wiener Schnitzel with Potato Salad10) Martin Luther (Reformation)

Topic author
JessG1179

Post by JessG1179 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:27 am

1) Name: Jessica2) Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving!3) Another state you would live in: Colorado4) Favorite sports teams: E-A-G-L-E-S!!!5) Favorite zoo animal: Tough one... Maybe monkies and big cats?6) Married, Single, or in a relationship?: Single and loving it!7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: I actually really like my job, and I'm thinking about going back to school for my Master's, so what I want to do "when I grow up" changes all the time. But if I had to pick something... I'd want to be a parking lot owner, preferrably at the shore. Those guys make bank!!8) Any tattoos or piercings? One tattoo, ears, nose and navel pierced9) Favorite Homemade meal: mac & cheese, or Thanksgiving dinner10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?: Ben Franklin

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:48 am

1) Jennifer2) Xmas3) Nebraska4) Nebraska Corn Huskers5) Lion6) relationship since December '077) Either a Vet or a computer tech person8) none9) My grandmas fried chicken10) My great grandma Blankenship who died before I was born.

Topic author
hermitcrabaddiction

Post by hermitcrabaddiction » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:51 am

1) Name: Vicki2) Favorite Holiday: Thanksgiving(the food yum)3) Another state you would live in: Hawaii(Amie keeps bragging about how nice it is there)4) Favorite sports teams: A diehard 49ers fan5) Favorite zoo animal: Monkeys6) Married, Single, or in a relationship?: Married (together for 11 years)7) What do you want to be when you grow up or what job you wish you could have: EMT, already am one and it's the best8) Any tattoos or piercings? Had 3 piercings(nose, tongue and lip, took them out) 6 tattoos9) Favorite Homemade meal: Back to the favorite holiday. Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Homemade Bisquits etc..10) If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? Hubby. We rarely get to eat togther and when we do there's 3 kids added to the mix. A quiet one on one dinner would be awesome.