DAYTONA 500 Baby! Who's Watching?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:11 pm

Where's all my NASCAR buds? <---- Go Dale Jr.! I can't wait until tomorrow; it's been a long time coming. I hope this is a better season for Jr. than last year.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:24 am

I am not the biggest racing fan but several of our friends are and yep we will be watching the game today at one of the friends house.I dont get the whole piont system thing but otherwise its fun to watch.( no favorite drive as i cant seem to remember them all LOL)

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:21 am

WOOO JUNIOR!!!! Right now he's leading too!! Looks real good so far, hopefully this continues through the season! Sometime I'll have to take a picture of my room for you, it's Dale Jr. heaven lol!! Oh and boo Jeff Gordon! *kicks*

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 am

Looks like Jr. *officially* finished in 8th. Bah! But at least it's a top 10 and he got bonus points for leading. My poor baby got bumped around today. It's OK, Jr. Nicole will make it all better. Post a pic of your room sometime. LOL We need to have a NASCAR forum on here. My husband only allows minimal Dale Jr. memorabilia in the house but I make sure to have a little bit scattered in each room. Plus the front plate on my car, the sticker on my back window, my Bud jacket...
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:08 pm

I have a Bud jacket too!! But mine can't be out in snow or rain, and one of the snaps fell off, so I rarely wear it lol. I hate to say it, but it was sort of a waste of $120, yes I know thats A LOT for a coat lol. I can't help it, I adore him I just looked around my room and counted 15 Jr. posters lol! I didn't realize I had that many...plus all the little things, like a figurine of him, a hat, his car, etc. Plus my Dale Sr. trash can... What are your feelings on Tony Stewart? I have no problems with him, but man was I rooting against him today lol. When he hit Matt Kenseth and got penalized for aggresive driving, I'm sitting there like "didn't he just complain about people who do that??" He annoyed the heck out of me today, but it was a really exciting race wasn't it?

Topic author
motley crew

Post by motley crew » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:36 pm

It was a good race I'm just soooo glad its back. I have a Bud jacket too I love mine because I can wear it any where and trust me I do my truck and my room are all jr ,but i'm starting to get a tony collection going to and when people know what you like those are the things you really start to get as gifts good for me thats for sure .I LOVE NASCAR GOOO EVERYONE AND PLEASE BE SAFE !!!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:17 pm

I'm a big fan of Elliot Sadler I think he got 6th. Not sure I just barely caught a glimse of then end. My friend(Who doesn't really know much about Nascar) is a big fan of junior though. It's about time the new season started.Junior sure doesn't look bad though. Not married yet. I wonder if he'd like to go out for some cashew chicken....

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:55 pm

Bubu, I think we must have the same coat. Mine has snaps too and the price, uh, is the same. Mine is black, I thought the red one would get dirty quicker. DH hates the Bud jacket.I'm sorry, I have to say Tony is my second favorite driver. I know he was a little crazy today but I do think Kenseth went after him first there when he bumped him early on. exclusive_delirium, when you and Jr. go out for Chinese food let me know. He and I can share the Lo Mein...
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:15 am

I bet on J. Johnson and won ROFL! I dont know much about racing but all our friends voted he would crash first so i decided to bet he would win and i won!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:30 am

LOL There is a rumor going around that Mr. Johnson may have that victory taken away. He's been caught one too many times cheating, most recently just this past week. Hmph. At the very least he'll probably be docked some points and then he won't be first place in points anyhow.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
motley crew

Post by motley crew » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:06 am

Sorry to any jimmy fans but I hope he does get it taken away this happens every year him and his whole crew cheats and Mr.hendrick must know and not care because they all still have jobs.

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:11 am

how did he cheat Again im not a fan i just bet on him cuase all our friends bet he would crash out first.I dont much understand the whole points thing either feel free to explain!

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:55 am

I know his car was illegally altered, for qualifying was it? I really think NASCAR should punish the entire team, not just the crew cheif. I mean, its the car that got changed, it shoudn't be able to run. They can find someone to be crew cheif for a day, they only have a few really good cars. I hope he gets it taken away too, since I'm the biggest anti-Jeff Gordon person ever, and they're teammates, naturally I just don't like him either lol.

Topic author
motley crew

Post by motley crew » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Bubu, just a little info for ya not only are they teamates, but jeff is or was at one point part owner of that car. He brought jimmy in I'm not anti-jeff because he is a good driver, but I agree with most when they say he's a whiner if you've ever heard him on track pass he'ed give a 5 yr old a run for there money.You have to admit he can do amazing things with a race car sunday he brought that car from the back with barly any transmission.Back to jimmy's team though chad knaus has been fined 8 times in 5 years for cheating thats become to much of a problem to keep over looking.

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Agreed with what you said about Knaus. I don't understand why NASCAR still allows him in the races at all now, they're harsh on other people but not him. And when Jeff brought that dang car from the back I was so mad lol...that's part of the reason why I don't like him, he's too good lol! Plus he whines a lot like you said, we used to get the NASCAR In-Car thing on our tv and he never shut up. Thus why we watched Jr. all the time Oh and I believe Jeff is still part owner of that car, they talked about it briefly after the race.