DAYTONA 500 Baby! Who's Watching?

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:54 pm

What bugs me is the big stink NASCAR made about about Jr. using a not-so-nice word after Talladega that one year. Docked him points and everything. It was a dumb mistake on live TV but compared to cheating repeatedly I don't think NASCAR has a leg to stand on. People have accused them of playing favorites with Jr. but I see it happening with other drivers too. My son used to have a big thing for Jeff Gordon but now that he's older he thinks I am crazy when I bring it up. He even had a Jeff Gordon doll that he slept with. I threw it in a closet somewhere.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:20 am

Agreed, NASCAR seems sorta iffy on this whole Knaus thing. I just read on MSN that he's been suspended for the next three races, and fined $25,000, I'm not sure if it's for the same thing or a different one. It's really bothering me that NASCAR isn't taking a tougher approach to this, I mean yeah thats a lot of money and what not, but not to a guy who makes millions a year and who will come right back in a few weeks. He can still cheat, he hasn't been kicked out yet. I think they should seriously get rid of him for this year, if they're really serious about penalizing this. quote:He even had a Jeff Gordon doll that he slept with. I threw it in a closet somewhere. Good! Thats where it belongs!! My uncle (big Gordon fan) and I always have a bet each year, whichever driver finishes farther ahead in the point standings at the end of year, that person gets 5 dollars lol. This I think is our 4th year doing it, I've won twice so far Though the year before last, he gave me 8 dollars...(He had been drinking lol, I wasn't about to stop him from giving me money! )

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:33 pm

You know what I find annoying? Chad Knaus' voice. I'd love to see him gone for that reason alone. The fact that he's a cheater on top of the smarmy little voice makes it doubly bad. He needs to get the boot. I don't usually find crew chiefs that irritating but he has bothered me from the beginning. On The Other Hand, Here's A Hot Crew ChiefBubu, hope you win that bet with your uncle this year.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:45 am

But thats Ryan Newman's crew cheif isn't it...I don't like him either lol! I don't know if I've ever heard Knaus speak, if I have then I surely wasn't paying attention because I don't care what he has to say lol. I'll have to listen for that when and if he comes back. I'm surprised that my uncle hasn't taken a shot against Junior yet, even though its early in the season. He's always saying something bad about him lol...but I don't really see him a whole lot either so maybe thats actually good in this case! I always shoot back with the good ol' "Well YOUR driver is a rainbow warrier, I mean come on, what's that all about??" Pfffft rainbow's...I kick rainbow's!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:25 am

quote:But thats Ryan Newman's crew cheif isn't it...I don't like him either lol! Ya, it is Ryan Newman's crew chief. I just think he is darn cute. Plus, Ryan is an animal rights person and runs an animal rescue program so I don't have a problem with him. He actually seems (to me) to be a nice person overall. Don't worry, I never switch teams. On the track Jr. can plow over anybody and I won't feel bad about it. He He
~ crabbing since 2003