You know you're an addict when

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:22 am

You know you're an addict when you'd trade your tickets to hubby's favorite Eric Clapton concert for an opportunity to stay home and work on a tank! (it's tonight, I really don't want to go)You know you're an addict when you get out of bed to check on the crabs just as would for your kids when one just doesn't seem right.You know you're an addict when your weekly shopping list contains 5 or more items chosen specifically with crabby nutrition in mind.You know you're an addict when you take an extra $20 cash back from that supermarket so you can sneak in a cash purchase from Petco and not get caught by your spouse or significant other.Your turn...
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:36 am

...the FIRST thing you do every morning is rush to the tank and see how everyone is doing......the LAST thing you do each night is spend a few restful moments observing your friends......and here's a good one,...when your daughter asks to bring her cat to a pet photo session she saw advertised, you start thinking how cute it would be to get your hermies professionally photographed at JC Penneys, perhaps with some seasonal decor in the photo!!!!! (That's when I realized I had a problem!)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:40 am

Uh.. um.. I don't know.. I don't like eric clapton, so wouldnt have tickets anyways..but yeah I agree on the checking on them as though they was kids. Do it all the time. Before I go to bed, during the night when I wake up, when I get up. Off and on during the day.As for.. other things.. I don't know. I'm addicted yeah.. but I don't really do all that stuff.. Well ok maybe one..You know you're addicted when you go into a petstore and have to check your own finacial ability to see if you really cant afford to buy the 20 or 30 hermies they have, cause you'd rather they was in your tat, then the petstores tat, and cause they're so cute. :P

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:41 am

quote:you start thinking how cute it would be to get your hermies professionally photographed at JC Penneys, perhaps with some seasonal decor in the photo!!!!! lol That may not be such a bad thing! Sandra's crab Raja was entered into and won a Best Pet photo contest. Getting their portfolios together will give you them an edge! Just make sure to polish their shells and file their nails so they're all purdy for the camera!
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:48 am

Yep Petco also does pet pictures. I have thought about bringing my crew up there. I also have concidered taking them to be in a pet parade coming up this weekend. I also have caught myself checking on the hermies and then going back to bed and remembering I didnt check on the kids. I walk through life and stores eye balling any and everything to see how it would work in my tat for hermie use. lol. I talk about my hermies on my aquarium forum.Hermies get more balanced and healthy meals than us. I probably tell at least one stranger per day about my crabbies & then instruct them on basic hermie care just in case they might get one someday. lol...just doing my part to spread the word on proper care, maybe it will save a crab one day!

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:21 am

This is funny, I was considering a "without LHC, I would be/have..." thread.So... signs of my addiction...* my crabbies eat better than my kids (who eat better than I do)* I sneak into the forum when I wake up for the bathroom calls at night.* I get disappointed when there are no new posts since I last looked* I supply the classroom teachers with crabs and supplies so kids can learn the right way to keep crabs* My friend and I go halvsies on shipping when buying WAY too many supplies* I buy food a pound at a time without blinking because I know even if it takes years I WILL use it all up.* I had to empty my old KK of shells to use it for the mantis because the 5 gallon is being used as an iso right now and I am NOT moving the crabs!But I think the biggest sign of my addiction is this:***My living room has a large closet half filled with not currently used crab supplies.
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:31 am

You know your an addict when you make up a list of words that sound pecrabularly crabby. Like....FancrabsticIncrabableExtraclawdinaryClawsomeOr percrabs the following...PecrabularConcrabulationsSpecrabularyOr espinchially...Crabtacular.Oh this is getting to crabulous for words.LOL Cheers and happy healthy crabbies to all.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:44 am

You go out and buy new crabs because the other ones are molting and you are lonely.You bring treats to the crabs at your children's school.Everything on your birthday and Christmas wish list is related to hermit crabs.YOu find yourself stopping by the pet stores just to visit their crabs.Of course, I think all of the above are perfectly normal and I don't have an addiction.KellyCrabbiesJohn Cena - (small E) Minnie me -(teeny E) Ray Mysterio - (teeny E), Sabu - (teeny E), Lucy - (teeny E), Linus - (teeny E) and Snoopy (teeny E)

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:25 am

You visit this website more than 3 times a day.You wish there was a local crabaholics meeting.You have to keep upgrading to a larger tank.You have to peek in on the crabs at 2 a.m. when hubby and kids are sleeping.You sit around dreaming up new names for crabs just in case you get a new one(& you know you will)You shuffle your weekly bills so you can have money to go crab shopping.I love this group of people. LOL

Topic author
motley crew

Post by motley crew » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:39 am

quote:Of course, I think all of the above are perfectly normal and I don't have an addiction. I agree whats the problem I would rather go to the pet stores than the movies.Feel like yelling at someone go to the worst pet store in the city and tell them this is just awful in a loud voice how could they treat the animals like this until other people start asking why?How about when someone asks you how everything is going and you start telling them who's molted last who's down now and what you made them for dinner last night all by there names .You know like this" my female ruggie sally just had the best molt you should see her colors now".People love that trust me

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:41 am

You deny being a crab addict and get defensive when someone(hubby) suggests you are.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:54 am

Or how about when you actually DREAM about your crabs?? Last night I dreamt that one of my crabs changed shells. And then believe me, I went charging down there this morning to see if it was a psychic prediction or something, LOL! But no, it was just a dream. There he was, in his same old shell. And thank goodness for this forum, because who else could I tell that now I am dreaming about hermit crabs!!

Topic author
Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:03 am

quote:You know you're an addict when you take an extra $20 cash back from that supermarket so you can sneak in a cash purchase from Petco and not get caught by your spouse or significant other *You buy a coconut and pretend it's for you....*You tell everyone your not getting anymore and sneak one home...*you dontate a huge bag of non-hermit crab friendly shells to your son's preschool for crafts*you loose more sleep worring about them when they are late from being shipped to you, then you did when your baby's where newborns*First section you go to in the lps is the hermie cage, then the hermie supplies isile*Buy more treats for your hermies then the rest of your pets*you reasearch everything online before adding it to you tat!*On yahoo answers when people ask what the best small pet is you answer Hermit crabs!Ok thats if for me.... I gotta go see the crabbies!!!

Topic author
newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:05 am

LMBO Hermione...join the club we all dream about our crabs. The other night my husband and I were laying in the bed together and he was snuggling me and telling me all about his day and such and I was day dreaming bout my new tank and where I was going to get the money to buy that fountain I want so much and how Id like to set it up half like a forest and half like a beach, and I need to go to that petstore that had those aztec fish tank decorations and set them up in there and we could have a mexican themed tank,..and wouldnt my husband like the crabbies even more if they were supporting "la raza" and...."uh..what, yes hunny I heard you,..you were saying something about work..??..."

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:06 pm

Oh, got a new one...When you read this thread and start saying "yep, yep, umhmmm, yep, yeah..."
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.