You know you're an addict when

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 am

-When someone says "strawberry" it isn't the fruit you think of firstThis made me laugh! We went to the pet store the other night and there was this big sign that said "Straw" $3.99. I almost started jumping up and down before I realized it was referring to the bales of straw on the ground. LOL!Let's see, I know I'm addicted when:I go to bed and hubby is sitting there giving me "the look" because he knows I snuck into daughter's bedroom with a flashlight to check on "the babies."Worse yet, when I come into the bedroom dancing because a molter is up or one of them has changed shells.When I buy a new crab out of town and have to sneak them into restaurants because I'm afraid they will overheat in the car.When I make hubby "mapquest" all the nearby Petco stores when we go out of town so I can search for new crabs that we don't yet have.When we go on vacation and I pack a box full of crab supplies "just in case" we find one of the elusive crabs we are looking for.When I have him helping me scour the beach on vacation looking for "clean sand" to bring home to the crabs.When I tell him I need more envelopes so I can pop more popcorn for the crabs.When I'm becoming a gourmet chef for the crabs and serve the family the same old thing all the time.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 am

When you go on vacation 6 hrs away and have to bring the crabs because they can't survive on their own for a week. I got stuck holding them 5 hrs to the vacation and 5 hrs on the way home & their not even my crabs their my kids'.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:46 am

As I just went to check on the crabs for the umpteenth time today, I thought of 2 more:When you get excited and count down the number of days left before your newbies get released from ISO and get to join the main population.When you constantly get up to go and check on the newbies who have just been put in the main tank to be sure that they have been accepted into the pack and are not getting picked on or harmed.

Topic author
tnyfootprntz

Post by tnyfootprntz » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:54 am

When hubby thinks your laughing at something on t.v. but it's really the crabs' silly antics that crack you up.When you can't focus on a boring t.v. show and start daydreaming about seeing an actual member of LHC being interviewed by a big-wig news reporter, followed by an in-depth story about the mis-treatment of hermit crabs in pet stores. When you lie awake at night dreaming up the ultimate crabitat and wish you knew how to actually build and mass-market it.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:56 am

When you wake up out of a heavy sleep wondering if you changed their food!When you worry about losing power and with it hermie heat during storms.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.