Warm Bodies

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

MornaStar

Warm Bodies

Post by MornaStar » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 am

So last week I read Warm Bodies. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I heard it wasn't that good. I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. Honestly I loved the book, it was amazing and pretty funny. I don't normally like zombie movies or books, but this one actually got me It puts a whole new perspective on zombies and even changes some things about them. I would honestly recommend this book to anyone who wants a good book about love, loss, the apocalypse, and the rebirth of the world. Happy ending I promise!!! -Star
Sing For What You Feel Inside
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13
I have 7 PPs named Alina, Jake, Ella, Jinxx, Sammi, Andy, and Juliet

Laurie LeAnn

Warm Bodies

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 am

I want to see the movie because I love funny stupid movies like that..I don't like the new zombie shows that are out.. I am old school zombie person. The only way to kill a zombie is to shoot it the head! I tried watching the show that came on Sunday night and some of the props and zombies were just to cartoonish for me, or to fake. Night of the living dead and children shouldn't play with dead things from long ago are the real deal , the classics..They're coming to get you Barbara!

Keg

Warm Bodies

Post by Keg » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Can I weigh in on zombies?In my town we have a 5K "race against the zombies." It sounds like it would be easy to stay ahead of the zombies, but I suspect they will be racewalkers. Someone is in for a surprise.I also heard that an entrepreneur is buying a derelict neighborhood in Detroit so they can make a zombie park. You can buy a ticket and get chased around.And in my town they also have a yearly zombie parade where you can come as a zombie killer if you want. But you can't bring wooden baseball bats or anything like that.

MornaStar

Warm Bodies

Post by MornaStar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am

We have this thing called a Zombie Crawl and you get to walk around the city dressed up as a Zombie. You have Zombie "friendly" pit stops along the way if you want anything while you are walking. It's pretty fun. I don't know if it is for charity or anything though.
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13

Keg

Warm Bodies

Post by Keg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 am

I visited an independent video store that has absorbed all the big chains.They have a large zombie section. I'd estimate there have been about two zombie movies made a year since 1950. I was thinking "This should be enough. It's all the same thing."And yet, they are suddenly trendy like never before. I guess zombing is lot more fun in real life. This trend will find its way into other genres like 'robot apocolypse' as soon as exoskeletons become practical.I mean robot exoskeletons, not hermit.

MornaStar

Warm Bodies

Post by MornaStar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Yea probably. I don't really like the whole robot thing. I'm not afraid of technology, but I think it will be the death of us.
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13

Topic author
mom_0f_3

Warm Bodies

Post by mom_0f_3 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

Keg, A friend of mine is going to be running in the 5K zombie run this year. She is going as human along with her brother but her sister in law is going to be a zombie. It should be interesting to see how that goes...lol.
No longer have mine and miss them every day
http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r49 ... f_hermies/

Keg

Warm Bodies

Post by Keg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 am

@mom_0f_3Pics of the zomby race please