Road Trip!!!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

MornaStar

Road Trip!!!

Post by MornaStar » Mon May 20, 2013 3:10 am

Well It's a week and a half until my mom flies in to Philly. After that both of us are driving out to Washington state across the country. 3,000 miles in a 16 Ft. Penske truck. This is going to be one heck of a drive. We are thinking up things that we can eat on the way out there. I'll be making a chicken salad and a pasta salad. I'm also going to be buying the pre packaged salads that you can buy at the grocery store. My mom is bringing instant oatmeal for breakfast and we are also going to have hard boiled eggs for breakfast as well. Can anyone think of anything that we could bring or make while we are on the road? (Oh and lunch meat and cheese as well) Chips, granola bars, yogurts and juices are covered. We have all that for random snacking. I'm going to buy the DV to AV outlet converter for the car so my hermit crabs will have warmth, though I don't think they will need it with how hot it's been the past week and a half. We are going through the mountains though and I don't know how cold it will be there. I'll have my laptop and hopefully my mom's phone has the capability of turning itself into a hot spot lol. I know my phone can turn itself into a hot spot, but I only have 2 GB of data. I'll be doing some reading on the ride out there and a lot of bonding with my mom. I can't wait to spend that time with her. Any silly car games you guys can think of? Other than punching each other in the arm lol. I'm hoping I can find a cheap 5.5 gallon to put my hermit crabs into on the way out there because it's going to be cramped if I can't find a smaller tank than what they have now as their ISO. Plus having the two tanks will allow me to be able to have a tank for their molting ISO and a tank for the new arrivals. Anyway, anything fun you guys can think of? Tips and tricks to keep us from going insane during the 4 day drive?
Sing For What You Feel Inside
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13
I have 7 PPs named Alina, Jake, Ella, Jinxx, Sammi, Andy, and Juliet

Nnnnnnnn

Road Trip!!!

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Mon May 20, 2013 10:58 am

If you dont mind my asking, are you moving, or just going on a long drive? Where will you be visiting there? I have some friends up in Washington, just wondering how near them you'll be.As for car games, the alphabet game is fun (you look for the alphabet A-Z in order, with no skipping on anything outside the car, signs, license plates, ect.), and I love playing the license plate game. (Look for 50 states of license plates)Have a good time!

MornaStar

Road Trip!!!

Post by MornaStar » Tue May 21, 2013 7:06 am

I will be moving there next summer, this summer I'm just moving most of my things out there. My mom lives in Redmond washington
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13

Nnnnnnnn

Road Trip!!!

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 am

According to Google maps, you're mom lives about 32 miles away from the friends.

MornaStar

Road Trip!!!

Post by MornaStar » Tue May 21, 2013 11:15 am

That's cool I just got the 5 Gallon for the trip out there.
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13

Nnnnnnnn

Road Trip!!!

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Cool again, have a great trip.