Kids say the funniest things...

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:41 pm

My oldest son has a sever speech delay, so we missed the funny toddler speech thing with him, but my 3 yr old is sure making up for it! The other day the light bulb burnt out in my bed room, so I replaced the bulb and when Kaile noticed he exitily aske me "Mommy did you fix the light?" I answer "Yes Kaile, I fixed the light." The he said to me, "Good Boy! Give me five!" Then I went into the conversation that Mommy is not a boy... So today at my Brothers place Kaile had to tell uncle Mike the reason why he's a boy and not a girl...

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:18 pm

lol. Pharfly, I have had similar stituationds with my kids. To this day it just bafflesa my mind the things kids will just blurt out. And the things they remember that we have told them. At least his conversation about that was with a family member.

NewCrabber

Post by NewCrabber » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Isn't it the truth! I often regret not having kept a journal of those things. It may not happen as often as they get older, but it doesn't stop. Not quite the same, but my youngest, 12, seems to have a problem with the gray I'm getting. Once in a while he'll tell me he doesn't want it to be gray. Then the other night at the dinner table, half joking, he said he couldn't figure out why the gray is close to my head sometimes, then it's further down then it's back to being close to my head again (his 14 year old brother in the background saying, yea, how is that possible). By the time he finished talking he was dead serious. Well, I looked at his father, he looked at me, both of us silent for a moment and then the quiet snickering gave way to all out roaring. We just couldn't help ourselves. I guess you had to be there, but as a parent it was too funny for words.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:04 am

That's cute Phar. I love the way little ones think.When Alex was 3 or 4 I was giving him a bath and he put his head back for me to wet his hair for shampoo. Just then the phone rang. I reached around the door frame to grab it as I stood in the bathroom with him. He patiently stayed with his head back for a moment or two before deciding to put his head up. As he did water ran down his face and he shrieked in horror, "MY HEAD IS MELTING!!!!!" One of their more memorable moments. They also take things very literally too. When he'd made a mess of something one day I sighed in weary frustration, "Oh Alex I could shoot you." Poor boy, he begged me not to do it. I felt awful. Still do when I think of the fright I put in him.I do keep journals. Wish I'd had more time and energy for Kim's. She has 1 book to Alex's 3.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:15 pm

quote:Originally posted by Crabby Abby:When Alex was 3 or 4 I was giving him a bath and he put his head back for me to wet his hair for shampoo. Just then the phone rang. I reached around the door frame to grab it as I stood in the bathroom with him. He patiently stayed with his head back for a moment or two before deciding to put his head up. As he did water ran down his face and he shrieked in horror, "MY HEAD IS MELTING!!!!!" One of their more memorable moments. LMBO CA!!!!That made me laugh so hard!!! I'm still laughing!!!

Topic author
breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:01 pm

Just last night my 4 year old daughter was talking to hubby in Iraq.She was asking him to come home and when he told her he couldn't do that she told him:"if you are lost and can't find your way home, my mommy can pick you up"Kids are so sweet!
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Aw, I bet that melted his heart. Hey you know, my dollar store sells photo frames that you can tape a quick message on to and play back over and over. You need to get some for the kids to send to Daddy.My hubby has one from, gosh, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I told the kids to say Happy Father's Day Dad. Alex said it but Kim said in her wee little voice, "Happy burfday fadduh's day Dad". He loves that.
Photobucket album

Topic author
breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:25 pm

She draws pictures all the time, and we are sending a polaroid from vacation Bible school this summer- Kool-aid moustache and all.I am kind of a phone hog when he calls, but every now and then she asks to talk.My middle son when he was 2 barely spoke. He could but didn't. Well, anyway, one day he told us "I want to go back to Heaven. I had wings there." We never did know why he said it.
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:26 pm

My brother was really funny when he was preschool age. I'm sure I've told this story here before, but it fits in the category and it's funny regardless. My mom used to babysit for a little girl named Katy when we were little. One time she was giving Katy a bottle, when my brother, who I think was 3 at the time, asked her to read to him. She told him that he'd need to wait a minute or two until she was done feeding Katy. Alex yelled "You ruined my life!" burst into tears and ran into his bedroom. Later that night, my dad made chili dogs for dinner. Alex told him, "Mommy ruined my life, but you fixed it." He used to have a great imaginary friend named Steve. Steve was pretty cool; he lived in the lightbulb and walls, and used to sit on the church roof and talk to God. He also fought crime with help of sidekick named Lucy. Lucy was a wooden toy train car on a shoelace that he pulled around. She was also useful for carrying a toy screwdriver and measuring tape that Alex used for "repairs."

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:47 pm

Those are all very funny!! and breezee, that is very precious what your daughter said.My kids say great things all the time, but once when my oldest was 3, we were in the store, and an older woman was standing in front of something she wanted to see, she blurted out real loud ' MOVE IT GRANNY!' I was shocked and embarrassed, with my mouth hanging wide. I made her apologize,and hurried off. The thing is she is the most polite kid I have ever met. I could not believe it!! Also, when my youngest was 4 she announced that when she grew up she was going to marry daddy. I told her that I was married to daddy, so she couldn't, she thought for a minute and said, 'well then, I'll marry Grandpa." I said Grandma is married to Grandpa, and she said, ' That alright, Grandma loves me, she won't mind.'My Dad still talks about that, he loved it! Valerie

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:10 am

Kim pulled a doozy on me at the bus stop. It's their first day and I accompanied her and Alex and we joined two other parents and their kids. When the bus came into view I leaned over and hugged and kissed them. Kim backed her head up and made a face. "Mom your breath is bad!" she says, loud enough for all to hear. Embarrassed I said, "Yes honey I imagine it is. I'm sorry. I'm drinking coffee and haven't brushed yet." She says with a very serious 7 year old tone, "You're not going to get a job with that breath!"
Photobucket album

Dawn38

Post by Dawn38 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:41 am

LMBO CA!I was cracking up reading all of these posts. This was a really good way to start the day! Thanks for shareing all your stories guys.Dawn

Katy

Post by Katy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:56 am

I think I've told this story somewhere in LHC past but when I was a baby, my mother was sitting with me at the kitchen table along with my Grandmother and my sister who was 2 and a 1/2 at the time.I guess something upset me and I turned my bottom lip down (as babies do before they cry) My Grandmother said "awwa look, Katy dropped her lip"My mother and grandmother began conversating about something and after a minute or two they realized my sister wasn't at the table anymore.They heard noises coming from under the table and there was my sister. They asked her what she was doing under there and she replied "I'm looking for Katy's lip"Also, one day my 4 year old starting talking about a Tsunami. I was stunned she had even brought up the word b/c I never talked to her about them. I asked her what they were and where did they come from? she said.." a tsunami comes when the whales splash their tales"
Katy Michelle

jojo7

Post by jojo7 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 am

Just the other night as my husband, my kids and myself were sitting watching the Yankee's game, my oldest came out of the blue (during a commercial of course) and asked, "Do you have to be married to have a baby?"...so my husband and I looked at eachother waiting for the other to answer and hubby says, "well, you should be married."...so my son says, "i dont get it, whats Daddy got to do with you having babies?"... I was not prepared for that "talk" especially with my 5 yr old sitting there...so i answered "when we are alone we will talk about that because its too complicated for your brother to understand." And he was o.k. with that...I'm hoping he forgets to ask me again!!

Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am

quote:i dont get it, whats Daddy got to do with you having babies? ahh the day every parent dreads.... My #4 is due Febuary 14 and my middle son already knows there is a baby in my belly, I bet he's going to ask how it'll come out... No stork stories for my kids...