I just don't get it.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:50 am

I've been applying/looking for jobs since before my dad passed away a year ago and haven't had any kind of luck finding employment and my disability case is hung up in the hearing portion and has been since about February of this year.I just got my bi-weekly call from my attorneys office and his paralegal tells me that my case is still showing that its pending for a hearing because we are still waiting to get on a judges calendar and that it could take until next Feb to do so but they hoped that the process would move faster than that which it sometimes does.The issue here is our house payment just went up fifty dollars and my mothers job is making her take one day a week off so she is loosing four days on her paychecks we now can not afford our house payment, my sister has been trying to help she has been working three jobs to try to help us keep the house but she just got her hours cut at Home-Depot because they are in a slow part of the year.I can't find a job to save my life or to help take on some of the bills so we are looking at loosing our house and I feel like its my fault because I can't help.I'm trying to look for a silver lining in all this but I'm having a seriously hard time.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Geranium

I just don't get it.

Post by Geranium » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 am

I am so sorry. You are in my prayers. It is just so frustrating.

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:58 am

@Geranium, thanks I can use all of them I can get.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
jenok

I just don't get it.

Post by jenok » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:00 am

Is there a specific reason that you and your mom don't want to move to a different house with cheaper payments and maybe an easier location for you to find odd jobs to do?Not to sound insensitive, but maybe that would work out best in the long run.Hoping for the best for you and your family. Just hang in there something always gives somewhere. And there is light at the end of the tunnel sometimes it just takes awhile to get to it or a few twist and turns to see it.

paperheartz

I just don't get it.

Post by paperheartz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 am

your in my prayers too. as long as thats ok with you. <3
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:58 am

@jenok, we have looked at other places but none of them will allow us to keep our animals we have four dogs, two cats, a bird, my hermitcrabs and the guinea pig so we would have to loose the dogs, cats, bird and guinea pig if we had to move.The mortgager is now looking at doing a modification to our payments to lower them but we have about six months worth of bank statements, pay stubs and such to come up with to prove that we can't make the payment as it stands and need for it to be lowered.We wouldn't be in this situation if my mothers job hadn't started cutting fours days a month off of her pay periods this has been a devastating blow and from what she is being told it doesn't look like things are going to be improving anytime soon with her job.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
jenok

I just don't get it.

Post by jenok » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:02 am

Wow that's crazy to me that its so much harder to find a place that accepts pets. Here there are places that don't do pets, some limit how many or certain breeds, and others are just what ever as long as they don't completely destroy everything. There is usually a fairly good mix of them open, sometimes for the amount of animals you have it would be slightly harder but you would still have several to choose from.Hopefully the mortgager comes through for you guys.

Herman Coen

I just don't get it.

Post by Herman Coen » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 pm

I too wish the best and pray for you and your family. Hold to your faith and know that a lot of people here (and elsewhere Im sure) care about and appreciate you and all the talents and knowledge you have used to help so many people. I am unemployed and know how frustrating it can be. Don’t give up, be patient and trust.

Laurie LeAnn

I just don't get it.

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:11 pm

My son has to pay 40$ extra on top of his 400$ rent just cause he has a bird! I can see why land lords charge or don't want pts cause the people below him ruined the carpet , I mean ripped it up and was soiled beyond cleaning.. but yet that's why you pay that deposit. They are also losing out on money by not renting out to animal owners. If your mom has her hours cut then can she get a part time job somewhere else.. you SHOULD NOT feel bad or feel you are a burden, you have medical issues. Believe me if I could get disability I would! This fibro is kicking my butt

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:47 am

We got good news yesterday my sister and her boyfriend of seven years are supposed to be getting married and he says he'll move in with us and pay rent to help us out so my mother is still trying to get the house payment lowered and we are also looking at bundling our homeowners insurance with our auto insurance which will give us a discount on both because our homeowners insurance is killing us they went up on us almost a hundred dollars in conjunction with the increase in the base house payment if we could get the insurance cheaper it would drop our payment into the mid 800's which would be a lot better than what we are paying now.I appreciate the love and encouragement.@Laurie, I know I have a legitimate reason for not being able to find work but I still feel badly that I can't help out more than I have been.At one point I had a small lawn mowing business and I made pretty decent because I had three yards that I cut every two weeks but then in 2011 three of the guys in my neighborhood got in on the game and ran me out because I couldn't compete they were offering extra services like seeding and feeding and weed spraying treatments so I lost my three clients in the rush.I really felt like I'd been done wrong because these other guys knew I needed the work but they stole it out from under me and I never recovered and there are like ten guys in my neighborhood who do lawn care work in the subdivision and surrounding areas.Back when I was doing three lawns every other week I was making fifty dollars a lawn so I was doing three hundred dollars a month easy, I also cleaned out house gutters for thirty dollars but that was here and there.In five months I was easily bringing in a thousand dollars that may not seem like a lot but I was able to help out by paying my phone bill each month and giving money for groceries from time to time then the economy tanked and heavy more professional competition moved in and I lost it all.I found out yesterday my biggest setback finding a job is the fact that my high school diploma is worthless because the school I graduated from lost its accreditation the year I graduated which made my diploma worth less than the paper it was printed on so I need my GED but cant get one because I can't afford the hundred something dollars it takes to pay for the test and without my GED none of the employers have even considered my applications.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
jenok

I just don't get it.

Post by jenok » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 am

It never hurts to check on insurance rates every few years. Check with different companies to. Its easier to acquire a printout of the insurance coverage you have when doing comparison shopping so you know your getting the same coverage and not less. Don't do it online though.Don't tell your mortgager that you have someone moving in or the lowering your payment may fall thru because of it. And make sure they know your disabled that may also make a difference.

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:40 pm

@jenok, they know about my disabilities and they know about how my mother was taken for every penny she had by you know who six months ago and so they are working with us trying to help us keep the house.The two options we are looking at are to either do partial payments and have the remainder of each payment added to the end of the loan period extending the loan way out past 30yrs or doing a payment remittance program where they just go in and lower the payments based on our monthly income which would still extend the loan period but would help us out more, they are sending the pertinent information to the an underwriter in the next couple of days and we should know something one way or the other in seven to ten days.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
jenok

I just don't get it.

Post by jenok » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:47 am

Hopefully everything goes thru ok. Next Friday is the last day I'm coming in to work and all my post are done while I'm at work so I'll try to pop in and check on ya, but it may not be for awhile. My due date isn't til July 26 but I'm 36 weeks now and the doc said it was very possible for me to have the baby early at 38 weeks so we'll just wait and see.

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Well looks like we may be moving because the mortgager decided not to help us they say we owe more on our house than its currently worth and that's because they over estimated the price when it was on the market back in 2009 they had the house valued at $129,900.00 but it was actually only worth $75,000.00 which is what an identical house in our subdivision went for a year later.We had so many houses sitting empty around us for so long that it caused our home value and property value to slide we lost about $20,000.00 in home and property value in the span of six months but our mortgager wouldn't lower our payments in conjunction so we ended up owing more than the house was worth.We have tried getting the house refinanced three times in the last five years and every time its the same old excuse we can't help you because your house isn't worth what you owe on it, we lost so much equity due to all the empty houses sitting around us that we actually ended up with negative equity it actually went below zero and into the negative and we never touched it no loans made on it, no missed payments it just took a nose dive on its own.This is something that all home owners need to watch out for because having empty houses sit next door to yours for months or years on end is actually negatively impacting your homes value and its equity which could leave you in the same position as us owing more on your home than its worth which means you wont qualify for the HARP or Home Safe refi plans.I couldn't believe it when my mother told me that she'd received a phone call from her case worker letting her know that the only option we have is to do a short sale where the bank would eat all the negative equity and essentially assume the deed to the house and then they would put it up for sale probably for double what its worth and do to someone else what they did to us.Once we begin the move I likely wont have internet access for several weeks so I won't be on here until we can get settled in to the new place unless there happens to be some miraculous turn of events and they decided to help us keep the house.....
#Autism Speaks.

Crabber85

I just don't get it.

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:26 am

Well I did some checking around and found out the value of our house is actually between one hundred fifty and one hundred seventy five thousand dollars which means we actually owe less on the house than its worth and should have a substantial amount of equity but the bank lied to us because they wont to take the house back because they think they can sell it for more and get more for it so instead of helping us keep it they would rather take it and sell it to someone else and do them the same way.I don't know where I'm moving too now because my mother is thinking about moving out of state and I can't go due to my disability case which is still pending, I have to stay here until my case is finished so it looks like I'll probably be moving in with my aunt and uncle who live right up the street from us.I'm not happy about having to pack everything up and move and I'm even less happy about my mother going out of state because I don't know if I'll ever get to see her again...
#Autism Speaks.