work etiquette

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

work etiquette

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm

so sarah my co worker always texes me, never calls me. she does this when she doesn't want to work. she does work another job during the week and her only day at the library is Saturday 9-12, 3 whole hours! well she tex me today can I work for her the 11 of May. I said sure I don't have anything going on. well at 9:30 p.m. I check my phone and she has sent me another tex saying can I work this Sat, her and her husband want to go house hunting. 1. he has been back from the service all week, she gets off from her job by 2, so they could of went and looked after that2. she could of requested a day off from that job3. she could go house hunting after her job Saturday.she pulls this crap on me all the time, wait til the lat min to ask or say at the last min oh by the way I can not work, the we are trying to cover her tush!4. she is on fb all the time, I had it on there that this saturday we had a huge fish fry in raritan.. she should of known better to even ask!!I think it is very rude for someone to wait til the last min to ask for a day off. when she agreed to work all saturdays in the first place. we are training a new person in june for summer reading, I am kind of hoping maybe sarah will just quit!!

pinkypie

work etiquette

Post by pinkypie » Thu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm

How does she respond if you decline her requests?Maybe there's some kind of issue in her life that's making her really stressed out and needing more off days, but hesitant to speak up to the boss. I had something kind of like that recently, because of finals I was so stressed out and calling into work sick often. But, then the boss and I talked about it. He came up to me and said, "Am I giving you too many hours?" :P Then he gave me five days off in a row *heaven* Maybe you can talk to her about it and see what's really going on with her, "between the lines" or so :]
S.N. Bryant

Laurie LeAnn

work etiquette

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 am

we CUT her hours last yr cause she was coming in late, gets off at 2 from her other job and showing up at 3 @ this job, it only takes 1/2 hr to drive from point a to point b. she was taking a lunch break/ running errands, some people don't think when they post things on facebook and basically was writing it down as being pd to be on the rd from one job to another. I said bull to that! I don't get paid to drive from my house to work, she does not either she don't show up til 3 then she can have her hours start at 3. she just always says no biggy.. well today on facebook, like I said, people just don't think before they post! She has went house hunting this week with Mathew and going Saturday.. see she could of waited til after her 3 hour job today, there was no rush..if she is stressed then she needs to go to the boss & not me all the time, I am not the boss. If she is stressed then she needs to make it less stressful give up the saturdays to give it to someone who wants to work it..this has been going on off and on now for 2 yrs