Do you believe or Not

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
rottiegirl25

Do you believe or Not

Post by rottiegirl25 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:15 pm

Do you believe in love at first sight?I do though i have had my heart broke many times over it.Do you believe in soul mates?I don i just haven't found mine yet.Do you believe in the afterlife, ghost, magic, and folkoreYes to all. I belive there are true psyhics, i believe in ghost and the after life especially after experening them myself. I believe in magic in the fact that we create our own magic from within ourelves. I also believe in intuition i have experienced that as well.Do you believe in God and Angels?I believe in god an angels tohugh have never been overly religous i do pray and i know that there is a higher power for each of us depending on each's own beliefsDo you believe there will ever be world peace?No i wish i could say yea but i don't ever see it happeningDo you believe family and great frinds should alway come before anything elseYES i do.DDo you believe that animals can heal the wounds of there owners mentally and phsically?Yes an animals love is the greatest form of love. They don't lie, cheat, steal, call you names or anything else.Do you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals becaus if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?YEs I DoAnswer the questions if you want. I was bored lol. and thought this might be an intereting topic to explore.Stacey

Nicole

Do you believe or Not

Post by Nicole » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:53 am

Do you believe in love at first sight?I am a hopeless romantic, so yes yes yes.Do you believe in soul mates?Again yes, although I do believe people have more than one soul mate for certain times in their life.Do you believe in the afterlife, ghosts, magic, and folkore?I believe in the afterlife and the supernatural. I also know there is a lot of things in this world we see and choose not to understand, despite them being right in front of our faces. If everybody looked around more I think more people would believe. Do you believe in God and Angels?Absolutely.Do you believe there will ever be world peace?I would love for there to be world peace, but I don't think it is in human nature to be satisfied with peace. Do you believe family and great friends should always come before anything else?Without a doubt.Do you believe that animals can heal the wounds of their owners mentally and physically?I think all kinds of love can heal the hurt of human beings. And I include the love of our pets in that. On a bad day, looking at my pets can give me quiet peace. Do you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals because if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?I believe that as people we are given dominion over the Earth and all its creatures. However, we (collectively) have chosen in many instances to abuse animals, and we have terribly misused our power. I think that all life is important and we must treat nature with respect.Just my humble little opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Ren1216

Do you believe or Not

Post by Ren1216 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:52 am

This certainly IS an interesting topic to explore... thanks for thinking of it.Do you believe in love at first sight?Somewhat. I believe more in love "growing" in your heart over time.Do you believe in soul mates?Yes, although I do believe people have more than one soul mate for certain times in their life. (sorry Nicole, I stole your answer because I agree 100%)Do you believe in the afterlife, ghosts, magic, and folkore?I believe in the afterlife and I WANT to believe in ghosts and such things, but its going to take a personal experience for that to happen. I would love for it to happen, but so far, no luck. Magic... uhhh probably not.Do you believe in God and Angels?God, yes. Angels on earth, I dont know, again probably because I have not had an experience that would cause me to believe it.Do you believe there will ever be world peace?Unfortunately... nope, never. Do you believe family and great friends should always come before anything else?Absolutely family first. Friends a very close second.Do you believe that animals can heal the wounds of their owners mentally and physically?I think animals are VERY therapeutic, especially emotionally. And technically even physically if you consider the work that dogs are now doing in the field of detecting cancers.Do you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals because if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?I do believe we are only visitors here, I think that is evidenced by the changing of our planets conditions. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see our species wiped out at some point. And as Nicole said, most likely due to our own negligence and abuses of the world overall.

Topic author

Do you believe or Not

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:38 pm

Wow! And I thought this sight only had hermit crab advice to look at! LOLDo I believe in love at first sight?I sure do, but that doesn't always mean that we follow our hearts and make the right choices.Do I believe in soul mates?Of course, but unfortunately my soul mate and myself were born 14 years apart. We didn't meet until I was 18, and then he was already married with 3 children. Talk about the luck of the draw.Do I believe in God and angels?Of course. We may not always understand God's plan for us, but it isn't always necessary to know what He is doing, just to believe that it is the best for us.World Peace?I don't know if we as a race can actually obtain peace with each other.Family and Friends?No doubt that they should come first! Without them, you have nothing.Animals as healer?Sure, animals can heal your wounds. Cats have been proven to help heal with their purring. The love one can receive from a pet is amazing!Visitors?Sure we are visitors to this planet. We are only here for a short time, and whatever we do sticks around a lot longer than we do. That is why we need to really think about how we are treating our temporary home. Thanks so much for making me think!

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Do you believe or Not

Post by Jedediah » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:05 pm

Do you believe in love at first sight?I honestly don't know. Do you believe in soul mates?Yes, but as everything in life changes, your soul mate might not be the smae person all your life.Do you believe in the afterlife, ghost, magic, and folkoreAfterlife: no. Reincarnation: yes, but not that you remember who you were. Ghosts: yes, although I never had any experience with any. Magic/folklore: not really, but I keep an open mind.Do you believe in God and Angels?No to both. I do have my own heathenish beliefs, but no god plays a role in them.Do you believe there will ever be world peace?Unfortunately, no.Do you believe family and great frinds should alway come before anything elseYes.Do you believe that animals can heal the wounds of there owners mentally and phsically?Yes, definitely. I couldn't live without animals.Do you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals becaus if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?Despite all our achivements and technology, we are just one species among many on Earth. We think we're so intelligent, so it's high time we start acting like it.
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Topic author

Do you believe or Not

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:48 am

Do you believe in love at first site?Yes, I believe its possible, although I think love growing out of friendship is stronger Do you believe in soul mates?I used to but not anymore.Do you believe in the afterlife, ghost, magic, and folkore Yes I doDo you believe in God and Angels?I am agnosticDo you believe there will ever be world peace?Anything is possible but I doubt it, lolDo you believe family and great frinds should alway come before anything elseYesDo you believe that animals can heal the wounds of there owners mentally and phsically?Yes I doDo you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals becaus if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?Yes I doAngela

Topic author

Do you believe or Not

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:19 am

Do you believe in love at first sight?I believe in infatuation at first sight. Love is something that grows from familiarity. The first can lead to the second and therefore feel like love at first sight.Do you believe in soul mates?Yes. I also believe that you can make a life with anyone you chose to.Do you believe in the afterlife, ghost, magic, and folkoreAfterlife - No. Reincarnation.Ghosts - Yes.Magic - I believe in the possiblity.Do you believe in God and Angels?Yes. I believe that both work through people as well.Do you believe there will ever be world peace?Yes. I believe that we need to believe that world peace is attainable and work towards it. If we don't how will it ever happen?Do you believe family and great friends should alway come before anything else.Yes.Do you believe that animals can heal the wounds of there owners mentally and phsically?Yes. This has been proven scientifically.Do you believe that we are mere visitors on this planet and should love and respect all animals because if it wasn't for them our world would be dull and lifeless?We all need to be respectful of all life.