The Knights (or Kaaaanigits) who say NI!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:07 am

Been a while since we had a Python thread. I believe a lot of my personality can be bla-I mean traced back to watching Python as a kid. I'd watch in on PBS sometimes when they showed it, and my mom's been making references to it since she was a kid, and she watched it. Favorite sketches? Movies? My favorite Python movie is Holy Grail, though Life of Brian is also very good. And though not strictly a Python movie, I love A Fish Called Wanda. Favorite sketches are (in no particular order) Dead Parrot Sketch Spam Shop Cheese Shop Death of Mary, Queen of Scots (Penguin on the Telly) Ministry of Silly Walks Lumberjack and Mattress Salesman Now I just wish they'd hurry up and put Spamalot on Dvd. I've already got the soundtrack, and I've never even bloody seen the show!

Topic author
breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:51 am

I found a lot of those onlinehttp://seehere.blogspot.com/2004/10/monty-python-videos-and-stuff.html
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:59 pm

I like Holy Grail best. My bushy-tailed jirds are the Shrubbery because of that movie I always liked Terry Gilliam's animations and I'm a huge fan of his movies - Brothers Grim being the least favourite, but 12 Monkeys, Fisher King and definitely Time Bandits are classics, I loved Time Bandits even as a child, despite the weird ending. Michael Palin made some excellent documentaries with the BBC, I wish those would come out on DVD in Germany (maybe I'll buy the UK edition).Here's an awesome Python website:http://www.intriguing.com/mp/I downloaded some files to pythonize my PC, it says Run Away" when shut down for example It's already been edited out, but the article on Aleister Crowley in Wikipedia stated for a short time that the Knight of Ni really existed as a part of Crowley's Abby of Thelema (because their True Will was to go shouting Ni!) LOL
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

Pharfly1

Post by Pharfly1 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:41 am

When I was younger my best friends parents are from UK and every saturday night was movie night and sleep over night, so I got to see many Monty python movies, the one that I rember the most is the holy graie. The killer rabbit was funny, the little white rabbit mauling people, it was great!

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:37 am

I found it on amazon.com - really weird - but hey, three good movies. Have you ever tried to watch the Holy Grail version for the hard of hearing? I love that.
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:45 am

I did. LOL! Did you watch the tutorial on how to bang coconuts together? Or to copy the monks? (Use this dvd case as the board of wood, and hit yourself in the forehead when they do. Paraphrased, but that's pretty close)

newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:56 am

Yea, we saw that Kitty. Sad part is that my 9,7, and 4 year old went around the house actually hitting themselves in the head with DVD boxes for the longest time. Not that I was worried bout their heads, they are hard enough, but I was worried they were going to break my DVDs. <<<< Ya'll see my new pic of Claude? I took that today, hes so darn shy thats the most I can get of him on film.

kitty_LHC

Post by kitty_LHC » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:56 am

Muahahahaha--I make my classes watch the Holy Grail. Hey, we have to study Arthurian legends. Is there any better way? I think not.Some of them just don't get it--those are the ones who fail.

Topic author
breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:33 pm

There are some really cute stop frame animation LEGO videos where some have recreated Monty Python sketches... So intricate, it must have taken hours- google lego monty python
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.

Jedediah
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jedediah » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:27 pm

Oh yes, the LEGO Knight, that is so cute
Ook, said the Librarian
Crabbing since 2002

kitty_LHC

Post by kitty_LHC » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:49 am

How do you tellif someone is a witch? You weigh her and see ifshe weighs the same as a duck. You just can'tbeat logic like that.

Topic author
breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:00 pm

This one is the Camelot scene in Lego...http://www.brickfilms.com/films/966

Bubu

Post by Bubu » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:37 pm

I absolutely LOVE Monty Python, when I was back in high school I used to come home every single day and put on a DVD of Live at the Hollywood Bowl, as well as Parrot Sketch Not Included, grab some nacho's and cheese, and just sit on the couch watching it. Every single day I did this. I've got most sketches memorized because of this lol! Also, my dad has this VHS tape off of the tv that has a lot of random Python stuff on it, that's how I got started in it. He'd show it to me when I was really little and I loved it. My favorite being a piece from The Meaning of Life, in which Mr.Creosote, a very large man, goes into a restaurant and ends up exploding due to eating too much. I laughed SO hard when I saw that, and remember I was probably about 5 or 6 when I saw this lol. That stands as my favorite Python moment of all time.My favorites sketches:Dead Parrot Sketch ("This parrot is no more...it has ceased to be!")Silly walks (I do it down the hall quite a lot)Lumberjack (I knew all the words to it when I was 6 years old)The Idiot Song (Neil Innes does this, he's so adorable and that's probably why I like it so much lol)Gosh I know there's more that I just can't think of at the moment...

KittyCaller

Post by KittyCaller » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

I love the Philosopher's drinking song. I'd post the lyrics, but I don't consider it quite PG. Guess you'll just have to look it up on Google if you're interested.

newhermiemami

Post by newhermiemami » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:45 pm

I over heard my children playing the "Search for the Holy Grail" today....even faking English accents...makes being a Mom entertaining.