Ohh the Dreaded Swimsuit Season!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:30 am

Uuuhhhggggg It's time for that AGAIN! I think i would rather a root canal with no novicane then to shop for a swimsuit. They just dont make swimsuits for anyone on the in between any more. Its either Skimmpy string bakinis for the teens or the Matronly shorts or swim dresses.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:21 am

I guess guys have it easy in that respect.Takes me all of 5 minutes to buy some trunks.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:27 am

I say go for the string bikini!Who said there only for teenagers? They still make swim dresses???!!!???

Topic author
adoll

Post by adoll » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 am

I definitely agree Victoria!!!I HATE buying suits...I found a great one a couple years ago but after some wear it's time for a new one I'll probably wimp out and just wear the same one for one for summer if i can!

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:54 am

No one wants to see a mother of 3 in a string bakini Dave! At least not the typical mother of three...I'm not bad but i dont have the advantage of cosmetic surgery and personal trainers.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:31 am

I would!I'm guessing your being too hard on yourself andwould turn quite a few heads strutting your stuffat the beach. I'm just a die hard thong fan.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:00 am

i've lost some weight since last summer so i'm not dreading beach season too much. i still have some work to go, cutting out all sugary foods and a little exercise will hopefully get the results im looking for.

Topic author
jojo7

Post by jojo7 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:00 am

i wish they made a bathing suit for woman that had long sleeves and long pant legs...

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:33 am

quote:Originally posted by Hermit Dave:I would!I'm guessing your being too hard on yourself andwould turn quite a few heads strutting your stuffat the beach. Dave, all us moms just love you. You do know that, don't you? LOL I haven't worn a bikini post-baby and I don't think barring some miracle surgery that I will. Sigh. I have the lovely long bathing suit tankini top and jogging shorts for my swimsuit. Never used to be modest but gravity has forced me to be so.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:53 pm

I was just going to say, go with a tankini top! Also, wearing a long flowy sarong works well too, incredibly attractive and beautiful. As for the bottoms, I would say either boy shorts for longer legs, and the standard regular bottom that I can't describe at the moment for everything else. I guess you could say they look like underwear lol, you know the bottom's I mean! I'm getting way off topic and I'm laughing, so I'm changing topics. Slightly.As for me, and bear in mind that I am only 19 years old lol, I'm really excited to go out and buy myself a new bathing suit! Mom and I have been exercising the heck out of our bums and thighs, and I can't wait. I just bought a new bathing suit last year, but I'm feeling more confident this year to go out and be like "what boys, you like this?!" Just like that! Rawr!

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:26 pm

quote:me, and bear in mind that I am only 19 years old lol, I'm really excited to go out and buy myself a new bathing suit! I WANNA BE 19 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have a 2 pc i really loved last year when i bought it but now i think i must have been delusional. I am actually lucky i'm tall ( 5 '8") so i can weigh more and not look heavy. But im with Nicole on the gravity.I swear I'm having surgery before NEXT year to pick up what gravity dropped ROFL!

Topic author
Bubu

Post by Bubu » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm tall too, about 5'7", and I only weigh about 125-130, which sounds really skinny to me! But I'm not, I'm normal...I mean I don't need to gain weight, I don't need to lose weight, but 125 just sounds so skinny to me lol. I bet you all are just like "Bubu shut up, we all know you're young and skinny..." Surgery will make you have ugly scar marks, wouldn't that be worse lol.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:17 pm

quote:Surgery will make you have ugly scar marks, wouldn't that be worse lol. He He You young skinny thing. Stretch marks aren't much better. Just wait!Victoria, I've been swearing up and down for the last 6 years I'm going to have the surgery and then I chicken out.
~ crabbing since 2003

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:40 am

quote:I just bought a new bathing suit last year, but I'm feeling more confident this year to go out and be like "what boys, you like this?!" Just like that! Rawr! Bubu, I love your youthful spirit. Knock em' dead, girl!
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Topic author
avic

Post by avic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:37 am

LOL i know i keep chickening out too. I want it then i think Well Hubby seems to be happy and he is the only one who gets full veiw access so i talk myself back out of it.I need to learn to grow up and older gracefully i guess