stormy the bird

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

stormy the bird

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat May 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Finally got him weaned off formula at 12 weeks. Went from a cramped up cage that he could barely move his wings in and I was a little irked because the description said perfect for cockateil and small birds. Ya, if don't put any toys in it. He was squawking all the time to be let out. So I used my income tax return money and got him a feisty ferret cage for 130$ the first one was 89$ and had lots of bent bars to. My son has a teil to and same cage. In like 2 days he stopped squeaking to be let out and started whistling! He follows me around like a puppy when I picking things up around the house, I can rock him to sleep on my chest, he loves to have his neck scratched and if I stop he will attack my fingers ( playfully) until I start again..it must feel really good cause his eyes go droopy.. I have a ramp that goes to cage and I just go over to it and tap it and say come on..He will go up his ramp & in his cage. By 7 he doesn't want to messed with. If you try he will attack your fingers and screech at you like leave me alone it's bed time. If he is out on my shoulder or on my chest he will get grouchy and i will say do you want to go to bed? He will nod his head and screech and will get louder & louder until you put him in his cage and he will go to his bed basket and I cover his cage half way and you don't hear anything from him til morning when I uncover him and say hello! Tonight we had popcorn and a movie. He ate unseasoned popcorn off my hoodie/ tummy and I had mine and we had water to drink. He will drink from my lid. Can you say spoiled bird!