dip in the pool

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

dip in the pool

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 am

drug out the ole swim suit, yep need a new one.. this one is so baggy a shark can swim through it and I would not know it! good thing I wear a cover up! went for a few hours and the water was perfect!! did a little walking in the water, treading, back rub from the water shooting out from the jet thingy.. came home to the air cond. that almost wasn't! turned it on yesterday and heard the hubby say oh crap! i said what?? he said the fan is not working! I said well that is great, mike is going to look at it and say we need a new air unit ours is over 25 yrs old well he came and looked at it took a screw driver and whacked something, dirt came off something and it works really good!! lol a 4 min fix at 75.00 for him to do I bet! then my son calls and says his quit to!! his is worse though!

dylan644

dip in the pool

Post by dylan644 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:42 pm

My aunts just quit. My grandparents had to get a new unit for the house. (She "rents") Glad you didn't have to get a new unit. I know they aren't cheap, didn't know how much they cost until the other day. I about crapped!! I'd take $75 over a new unit any day!lol

Crabber85

dip in the pool

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:15 am

@Laurie, the house my parents just bought back in 09 had to have the exterior unit worked on because one of the fan blades slung it's counter weight causing the whole thing to be off balance which then caused the control panel to wiggle loose rubbing the connections until the sheathing came off of then leading to the control unit shorting out.It was a huge mess we had to have a friend of ours come out and and basically take the entire unit apart and rebuild it from the ground up.He only charged us for the gas to come out he used the warranty on the unit to pay for the parts.If he'd charged us for the labor, parts and gas we would have payed over three hundred dollars.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

dip in the pool

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 am

my sister in laws up and quit to a few weeks ago, we got a call from darryls co worker, his uncle called him to call us cause we don't answer the phones at night or anytime anymore if it's just a random person out of the blue cause it's always we have trouble w our tv and cable..they have no reguards to people and their lives after hours and that they can't live with out tv for one night!! so we quit answering the phone well anyway his co worker called and said her air unit was sounding bad and they thought they saw smoke, darryl went over there and he said he was so hot you could of cooked an egg on it! she isn't getting it fixed she can't afford to and no one is going to pay her way to either she has $$ issues we are done w it a whole other story!