My Grandmother passed away.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 am

Early Tues morning she won the race and passed on into peace and bliss at the hospital.She began acting erratically a couple of days ago with intermittent loss of memory where she couldn't remember any of us then her cognitive function would temporarily return.We had her sent to the hospital because she was acting like she'd developed a Urinary Tract Infection and during the ambulance ride to the hospital she slipped into a comma and just a few short hours later she passed.We are having the funeral service today and we are all going through a very tough time so please keep us in your thoughts prayers at this very hard time.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Geranium

Post by Geranium » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 am

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. It is a difficult time. Even when it's expected, it's still a challenging transition for those left behind. Be gentle with yourself and each other, allow for the full expression of your grief. Buy stock in Kleenex (or whatever brand of tissue you use) and keep them handy. For me the grief of my mother's loss (1/30/13), comes in waves often without warning. It's the oddest sensation. Anyway, Hugs to you all.Peg

Topic author
Theodora

Post by Theodora » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am

I am so sorry! Its always hard to loss someone you love. You will be in my and my familys thoughts and prayers. Sorry for your loss ;(

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks Geranium and Theodora for the condolences.I've taken the sudden loss a lot easier than I initially thought I would and we left the funeral service feeling better than when we'd went in of all things.I'm at peace with the situation and plan to take this one day at a time for a long while.I an the other grandsons carried the casket to the hearse and from the hearse to the grave.She was 76 yrs old when she passed so she'd had a long full life.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Theodora

Post by Theodora » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:22 am

That is good. I am glad you have peace about this. You are not just Mad Crabman (lol). You are our friend! at least she live a while so she didn't die young. she saw her children and grand children and lived a long full live.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:25 am

sorry..I always just have peace knowing that if they were starting to have problems with their life that they are no longer suffering..everyone takes it their own way. my granny b was 97 and was with it all the way with short spurts of mem loss here and there but had to be confined to a chair towards the end she got " a cold " I knew it wasn't just a cold I worked in the nursing home enough to know the death rattle. well I am sorry..

MornaStar

Post by MornaStar » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 pm

My condolences to you and your family. I'm glad that she went on peacefully and that it wasn't a painful process for her.
Sing For What You Feel Inside
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13
I have 7 PPs named Alina, Jake, Ella, Jinxx, Sammi, Andy, and Juliet

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks all for the condolences they really mean a lot.
#Autism Speaks.