Hermit Bonding Time

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Bubu

Hermit Bonding Time

Post by Bubu » Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:07 am

Every year on Labor Day my family goes to a lake where the rest of my family live, just to have a picnic. My dad's side of the family is so huge, we need a lake to properly celebrate and drink beer. (No drinking from me though!) Anyhoo, since I've owned the hermits, I've always brought one down with me just so I can have a reason to walk around by myself without the younger cousins hanging on me. (It works too!) This year is particulurly hard, for I was going to bring my jumbo straw Boomhauer with me, but since his recent death I'm forced to bring another. I've chosen Skeet, an Indo, whose pretty friendly and doesn't pinch me a whole lot. Oh and before you worry, I always make sure that the air temp and the humidity are decent enough to bring a hermit lol. They seem to really like the lake too, I'll go stand in it with them on my hand and they just sit there, feelers waving like mad. I think they smell the water, and even though it's not the ocean, probably want to go skinny dipping in it. It should be a nice fun time! I'll take pictures as I do every year if anyone wants to see them lol.

Topic author
Bubu

Hermit Bonding Time

Post by Bubu » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:57 am

Well I took a couple of Skeet, here's one with me holding him while we're in the truck driving down there: Clicky. And here he is in his personal KK hanging out in the truck, clicky. And here's one of my favorites, a giant hot air balloon floated by us while I was standing in the lake. I just happened to look up because I heard some whooshing, and holy carp theres a hot air balloon! Here! For some reason my camera makes thinks look farther away, but since the lake is there you can kinda see how close it was. The people in it waved to us too, it was amazing!