rent notice :0

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

pinkypie

Post by pinkypie » Tue May 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I notice there's a past rent notice taped to my door when i came home, even though I had mailed the check two weeks ago. I always mail the check a week in advance. I'm scared. :'( I don't know why this is happening. And I can't call the landlord because the office is closed right now. I'm so freaked out. :/
S.N. Bryant

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Tue May 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Can you check your online bank account to see if the check has been cashed? It may just be a bookkeeping mistake.

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I've been where you are with other bills I knew that they'd been payed ahead of time but I was still being harassed by the bill collectors and so had to resort to calling the main office to get the matter straightened out. Sometimes life seems like it just wants to dump ya.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

pinkypie

Post by pinkypie » Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks yall. I went to the landlord office first thing this morning and explained everything. The lady said she'll make a note for the landlord to not charge me a late fee since maybe it got lost in the mail (the check was never deposited) and since I've never had a late bill before. yay :] got that taken care of. I get so worked up over nothing.
S.N. Bryant

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Wed May 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Oh that's good. I don't think you over-reacted. Once I came home from the library to find a "Your water has been turned off" notice on the front door. I had a huge fit! My DH usually pays that bill, and he was out of town. After a few phone calls back and forth, we discovered that the check that he had mailed was never cashed, and that because he thought he had mailed it, he had ignored two or three late notices.I was so embarrassed when I took the payment in; I felt like some kind of negligent mother.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Fri May 10, 2013 2:59 am

if your check was indeed lost in the mail then have it cancled, even though people that might end up with it can't cash it ya never know what they might come up with to try. Kyle when he pd his rent went the extra mile and paid in person. I also had this happen at a dr office said i was late I had sent them a money order, said they never got it. i said excuse me but my bank said your office has deposited it I am right here in the bank now! they looked it up I have my statement you are charging me a late fee! they went looking again and then they said oh ya we have it, it was deposited but wasn't entered in your account yet. What dr office does that?? I always staple my copy of money order to the bottom of the portion of bill I keep. if i have to talk to anyone then I note it, i write down what date and time i stuck it in the mail box up town to, then have asp folder for my bills. I pay my own dr bills and have to do payments for most of them. oyyy! almost got them all paid off! make sure you always write down your account numbers on your check that it goes to so they DON'T stick it in a dif account, ya that has happened to US, saw magee and went mcgee AND GUESS WHAT HAPPEN TO MY MONEY! WENT TO THEM! also on your bill portion your keep write if you write a check write the ck number down.