baby coons and ignorant people

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Fri May 24, 2013 4:04 am

so my cousin has found a couple of baby coons , where I don't know. I don't think she found a dead mom either just assumed the mom was M.I.A. so took them home, posted pics of them on facebook. I tried to tell her that I had a friend long time ago had a pet coon in iowa she raised from a baby and it was fine til it hit about 3 or 4 yr old and then it turn mean and bit her, she took it to her grandparents farm and turned him loose where they could at least still free feed him on the back porch if he chose to come back. she had to have rabies shots even after she told the dr he was caged and on a leash and allowed to roam free in the house, never out side. My cousin just said that's why you get rabies shots for them.. she is so ignorant! I copy and pasted a segment on baby coons and care, 10 + yrs of constant care can't be returned to the wild, they will bite if feel threatened.. but she wants to make pets of them! this is from a person that gets puppies then gets tired of them and mad cause they do stuff that puppies and grow up and wants to get rid of them! she just got rid of a dog then turned around and got a puppy! her and her aunts sit and post all these animal activist right things on facebook / animal abuse ect but yet she is doing it!! I am so mad at her and all her aunts!

MornaStar

Post by MornaStar » Sat May 25, 2013 5:59 am

If I were you I would adopt them from her and then set them free yourself, or give them to a wild life preserve or something. If this is something she does often, I know it isn't your responsibility, but it's either you take them and give them to some type of official that wont kill them or they are given away to someone who doesn't know about them, will get bitten, and then they will be put down just because someone got them that didn't know how to take care of a coon.
Sing For What You Feel Inside
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13
I have 7 PPs named Alina, Jake, Ella, Jinxx, Sammi, Andy, and Juliet

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 am

WOw.... That is DUMB.... Have you heard about ths one place call Hudsons hope? I used to live that and some people started feeding the deer..... Soo they became domestic. They aren't afraid of humans anymore.... There is AT LEAST 2-3 deer on every street ITS CRAZY!!

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Sat May 25, 2013 8:38 am

I do love it there tough.... Here: http://www.hudsonshope.ca/ Is a link that has some info about the town XD Sorry, a little off topic.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 pm

I don't think they would live by themselves in the wild if I took them and turned them loose and she wouldn't let me have them anyway..they are very young. I hate to say it, but when one of them bites jensen the baby or her, I will tell her I TOLD YOU SO! Don't ever do it again.

mom_0f_3

Post by mom_0f_3 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm

I hate to say it but you can also call animal control (you don't have to give them your name and they won't reveal it) or a similar agency and they will confiscate them and take them to a rehab to raise and release. She may possibly get a fine as well since you have to have special training and a license to raise and have things like that. Just a thought.
No longer have mine and miss them every day
http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r49 ... f_hermies/

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 pm

It's actually illegal to harbor wildlife without a license or permit even when well intentioned.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:34 am

I told her that and even posted it to her face book. if I did turn her in she would know since i made a big stink about it. she prob has already got rid of them, if anyone has raised them ya know how much they poo and bad it is cause you have to feed them other stuff than their mothers stuff? plus they have dogs and puppies to, she a lazy person. So I bet they are gone..