Fishers using hermit crabs as bait!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Wed May 15, 2013 12:47 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!! I was watching a fishing video and fishers were finding Land Hermit Crabs, Cracking open their shells, taking the crabs out of the shell, chopping their claws off and sticking them on a hook! How cruel is that! And after they caught the fish, they let it go! They KILLED a HERMIT CRAB only to let the fish go!I am now sad and have tears in my eyes

HermitCrabingrid

Post by HermitCrabingrid » Thu May 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Yes it's sad but its life, their not gunna stop doing it. A lot of things are unfair for animals but that's the way it is. I am not saying tos right, but it's unfair we eat animals and we hunt aniamals right? But we do it anyway,

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Thu May 16, 2013 12:39 pm

XD yah, BUT he kills, the crab only to let the fish go! I think THAT sound kinda cruel doesn't it?

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri May 17, 2013 5:45 am

I watched one of those videos ONCE and it still stays with me. Now I can't even click on anything like that, it's awful to see it. There are so many sad videos out there.
~ crabbing since 2003

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Fri May 17, 2013 5:53 am

Yeah me too

Nnnnnnnn

Post by Nnnnnnnn » Sat May 18, 2013 4:15 am

quote:Originally posted by Hermitcrabingrid:but it's unfair we eat animals and we hunt aniamals right? But we do it anyway, I don't really see how it's unfair to provide food for ourselves via hunting. I've hunted for 3 years and not killed anything, mainly because I'd rather just wait for the perfect shot instead of getting a gut-shot and having to walk all over tarnation looking for the animal. Out of all those three years, I could have killed countless does, and a few bucks, but I chose not to, because (on the bucks) I didn't have the best shot.Not all hunters are ruthless animal haters that kill everything in sight just for the heck of it, some like me and my family (and most of hunters to be honest) actually hunt to put meat on the table.I'm an animal lover, too, but when I can stock the freezer with some good meat, I won't pass up an opportunity.

Keg

Post by Keg » Sat May 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Some people never entertain the notion that animals have feelings. They may be invested in a lifestyle where they can't afford to consider such a thing. Obviously the fisherman don't. The world seems much different for those who consider an animal's feelings. Hiking for instance, gets downright comical.

Crabby Kitty

Post by Crabby Kitty » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 am

Poor Hermies! I seen a video where they use homeless cats on a hook to catch sharks. So sad
My 12 PP Hermies: Peanut Brittle, Snicker Doodle, Chalupa, Fruit Loop , Tater Tot, Snow Cone, Big Mac, Jelly Bean, Watermelon, Brussel Sprout, Rhubarb, Cheddar.
RIP ~ MoonPie

Tetra4CClyPtus

Post by Tetra4CClyPtus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 am

Speaking of the video about using land hermit crabs as bait, I saw another video of someone in a beach shop eating a dead land hermit crab for a bet of money ... Ughh this is ...

Theodora

Post by Theodora » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 am