Doberman puppies

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

jenok

Doberman puppies

Post by jenok » Fri May 22, 2015 5:36 am

Well my sis found a Doberman for sale and mentioned it more jokingly than anything to mom. To our surprise mom actually started seriously thinking about it and then she decided about a month ago (the same day sis found it for sale) to get her to keep her company. She had one when her and my dad first got together and has fond memories of that that time. She (the dog) is full blood but doesn't have papers which we really didn't care about. She is house trained very friendly and mild mannered also leash trained. When mom went to check her out and made the final decision she wanted her they told her she had come in heat the month before and they were going to breed her but they didn't catch her in time before she went out again. Well low and behold she had puppies Tuesday morning. Fortunately we could tell that she was getting fatter and showing signs of being pregnant so we were expecting them by the time they got here. She had 11 total but 1 didn't make it. They are all so cute though. Today we took them to the vet to get their tails docked and dew claws removed, so now they have short little nubs and sore butts. I think we might keep 2 of them and sell the others which should pay for their care, vet bill, and the money mom paid for the mother. We aren't going to breed her after this though she will be spade/fixed so she doesn't have any more pups. It is to hard on her body in our opinion. When she was younger apparently she broke her leg and the spot that was broke is an area that is very difficult to get to heal back properly so her foot twists out. If I get a chance I'll try to post a pic or 2. I did I mention the puppies are sooooo cute!

Topic author
Crabber85

Doberman puppies

Post by Crabber85 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:47 pm

@jenok, I had a neighbor about twenty years ago who had a Rottweiler named Radar, the dog was massive but was just a big baby he had mental issues and thought he was a puppy and was good for nothing in a fight but loved all of the neighborhood kids he would have died to protect us even though he didn't know a thing about what he was doing he would still stand his ground and then our Chow/Spits mix would come in and take care of business because he knew what he was doing and between the two of them they kept the junk yard dogs from up the street run off.Radar was shot and killed by some guys working housing construction across the street, he would go over and watch them build houses and one day they freaked and shot him dead, he wouldn't have hurt a fly they just killed him for the heck of it.We found out about two weeks after it happened and the neighborhood wasn't ever the same, we had Pit-bulls and big male Chow dogs constantly wondering into our play area after that because Radar wasn't there to head them off anymore so the area got unsafe quickly.One of our neighbors two houses down had an old male Chow who was disabled and he started trying to defend us but because he had a bad leg and hobbled he got beat up a lot which would end up with the aggressive dog being shot this happened on several occasions.There are several breeds of dogs who have gotten a bad rep because of mistreatment, abuse and misinformation, its like Cesar Milan the dog whisperer says there is no such thing as a bad dog only a bad dog owner.Dogs are not inherently evil or violent they have to be taught to be that way from an early age I know because we had a neighbor who had Pit-bulls, two females and one male, Kisey, Coco and Beast all three of them were our babies we saw after them when their owner was away on business or on a trip and he never ever tried to put it in them to be aggressive so they were by default sweet and loving.They bonded with us so much that he had to stop us from coming down to play with them so often because they were listening more to us than him and he said that he couldn't have that because they were there to protect his family though he also had them there to watch our house and protect us as he admitted later on.Doberman are one of the breeds that just got a bad rap for no real good reason and now the animal shelters here in my state have orders to euthanize them when they are surrendered because the owner couldn't keep them, they do this with Rottweilers, Pits and Chows because these breeds are considered inherently dangerous and therefor unsafe to adopt out and you know as well as I do that that is a crock of bologna...
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

jenok

Doberman puppies

Post by jenok » Wed May 27, 2015 8:08 am

Here they don't have quite as bad of a rap, and they should bring decent money when sold. The rots and dobies have more of a reputation as protectors then just being mean. However pits do get a bad reputation as being mean. There are a lot of pit mixes if you look on craigslist there are so many pit pups its hard to even give them away. There are a lot of people that love them but probably just as many that stay away from them and have it stuck in their head that they can turn on you in an instant.We want to train the pups we get to be guard dogs/protectors but I think we would probably have to hire a professional to help us because there is a fine line between training a dog to protect and flat out making it mean and I don't want to accidentally have a mean dog. On the other hand I don't think we can come up with the money to hire a professional, so we may just stick with the basic training like sit and stay.