Added two new female veil tails to the sorority tank.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am

I now have five females in my twenty gallon and they are doing great.They all seem to be getting along, well as much as can be expected anyway.lolI do see the occasional flaring contest but it usually subsides fairly quickly on it's own.I can't put anymore Betta's in the tank as five is the maximum limit for twenty gallons though I still plan on getting a snail or some sort of bottom feeder to help me keep the gravel cleaner.My latest two additions are fairly young being less than an inch in total body length which leads me to believe that they are fairly recent hatch-lings.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

crabber101

Post by crabber101 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:06 pm

First of all, your bettas sound great and really cool! Second, you're probably already aware of this because you always research everything very throughly, but just a heads up if you decide to get a snail. Snails have a problematic little habit of sliding right out of their tank if the lid has any openings what-so-ever, and they will get out, even if the openings seem unreachable. Anyways, congrats on your new fish!

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 am

@crabber101, thanks for the info.I've already decided not to go with a snail in favor of some cherry or ghost shrimp now all I have to do is find a pet store that carries them.lol
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.