PetsMart, HCP, and Guinea pigs.

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

HermitCrabby_LHC

Post by HermitCrabby_LHC » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:29 am

Petsmart dissapointed me. They had NOTHING. Iwent to do some price matching from THCP with shipping and only found one thing. Walmart had more pet supplies than them. Bettas were dead, dead tortoise, and a messy bird cage. I was looking for a sponge, 3 pack EE bricks, and a shell. They had one EE set of bricks. They also had little hay, only the giant bags.The hermit crabs were o k. But not the best.So, I am ordering my stuff from THCP on the 15th or 16th. So excited!!

Topic author
Keg

Post by Keg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:31 pm

You can't go wrong doing that.

MornaStar

Post by MornaStar » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:14 am

I went to a Petsmart out here in Bellevue Washington. It's the BEST Petsmart I have ever seen take care of their hermit crabs. Only thing was the substrate wasn't deep enough. They fed them right, they had the humidity and the temp perfect, the hermit crabs were running around and chatting and having a good time. The Petco though in Redmond WA didn't have the right humidity. The manager was currently fighting to try and get different cages so that they wont have a humidity problem. It really is an uphill battle with these people about how to properly take care of a hermit crab.
Sing For What You Feel Inside
R.I.P. Ashley 11/28/12
R.I.P. Ashley 2.0 4/3/13
I have 7 PPs named Alina, Jake, Ella, Jinxx, Sammi, Andy, and Juliet

finalfantasyxii

Post by finalfantasyxii » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 am

That is great - I wish our PetSmart would do the same. They still use bark as a sub and I don't know if they even put salt water in there. The humidity is so atrocious you wonder wth is the point of the hygrometer except to point out there isn't any?! Our Petco is much better. I'm wondering if maybe they don't put enough sub because they don't want them to molt. I mean, you can't sell a molting crab...
Y'all can call me Sara
Certifiably Crab Crazy
http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s432/herder79/