Just got a bearded dragon today!

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
crazycrabber

Post by crazycrabber » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 am

got my first bearded dragon today! they are so exciting! They really are pretty tame and i can't wait till he gets full size! anybody have any experience with them and have any advice?
experience comes from this: Harvey (tarantula), flanders (cat), 2 pp hermit crabs, (marshawn pinch, and richard shermit), smallstress house hamster(hamster), baron purplemoon (fish).
This signature is currently in violation of our five line maximum policy.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:24 pm

No advice but if something ever happens to my crabs I'm getting one. Have you tried looking up forums for those? I'm sure they are out there.

jenok

Post by jenok » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:21 am

I've wanted one, but haven't gotten one cuz here they're a little pricey and then you have to have the proper setup which is costly too.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:48 am

My aunt and uncle had a baby bearded dragon a few years ago it fell ill to a respiratory illness and died.These lizards have some pretty decent care requirements especially as babies because its just so easy for them to get sick.They used to let theirs out and he had a tendency to whip his tail when he got mad or excited, unfortunately the overhead heat they were using wasn't sufficient to keep it healthy and it developed health issues a consequence to being exposed to temps that were just too low.The vet told them that baby bearded dragons need to be kept at temps around 88 to 95 degrees to keep them from getting sick.I've personally never owned one so I don't know much else about them.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.