teacher i worked for has passed

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

teacher i worked for has passed

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:27 pm

I was a paraprofessional for Mr Todd Porter, he was the history teacher for high school and Jr high for many years and a basket ball coach, and baseball coach. He had some bad luck in last few years, his wife divorced him for a drinking problem, he had tried aa rehabilitation. He had moved to be closer to his his family, seemed like he was doing better. Got the shocker news that he found and had passed.. Not sure how..people have their speculations..He was a great teacher. His tradition was just before Christmas break he would break out the Christmas story and you could bring snacks, you halve no idea how many times I watched this movie! Before a test on Thursday he had game day, we would break up in teams then questions would be asked about the chapters covered what ever points your team got everyone got that many added to their test to help you out. I would give little hints during game day to help teams out..sometimes he would come in and just say I don't care what you do today, study, talk to each other , sleep, just keep it down I have stuff to do.. free day. So if my kids that I had didn't have stuff to do I got to leave and do what I wanted.. I kept in touch with him when he quit teaching through Facebook. I told him he was one of the fave classes I looked forward to going to. He made teaching fun, also didn't down grade US paraprofessional. Some teachers had gotten into a habit of doing that, he never did..I will miss him