yard sale tank

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

yard sale tank

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:30 pm

It is city wide yard sales here so I'm off looking for a fish tank to replace my cracked 10 gallon one and I need one for the library to put few crabs in for our summer reading program open day for a few hours. Well I found one, green and some purple gunk caked on it? The guy wanted 20$ for this gunked up 10 gallon fish tank! I told him ya cant do better?? Then he says 10$... He said he had some fish in it.. like that's supposed to make the value go up?? So I said well I'm using it for summer reading for a hermit crab, then his wife said how bout 5$? I said I can do 5...Well by the time I got the tank, then spent money on vinegar nd paper towels nd elbow grease I only saved about 5$. really though 20$ for a green crusted blue gunked up used fish tank when a new one is 14$. Then went to Hamilton, they had city w. Yard sales to and I found a fish tank for 5$ ,not funky, it was a taller type.. I should of got it....