library issues

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Laurie LeAnn

library issues

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:02 am

got to work yesterday, thought everything was kosher. got pulled to the basement and a letter was shown to me. this lady that has been on a mission to cause trouble for us now has went and wrote a public letter to the city complaining about us telling lies and taking conversations out of context, taking things the wrong way, saying we didn't know anything, our library is cluttered, we are not open enough, why are we not open fridays?it was brought up at the city council meeting and luckily dan a friend of the library and avid person that goes to all these meeting and his wife is a board member of the library stood up and said i motion this to be tabled! the girls have no clue of this letter! we didn't have a clue! this lady came in last thurs and asked what the follow up to a book was in the series was and I sighed, well she took it as that i sighed at her, well no I sighed at the book cause it urks me that they don't put follow up in the books , most of them do if they are re prints. she said I didn't help her at all well while she was searching books I was printing out a sheet of the books in the whole series for her free of charge! she wanted to order the next book so I did and as I do everyone I ask if they have a comp and kindles and explain that with their own card and pin numb they can order books at home after hours cause some people work and can't make it here. it was easy to do I printed her off the cheat sheet free of charge. next she asked about our summer reading programs, well it's hard to give details when you have nothing set in stone cause you can make a sheet out when your boss is away on vacation. I gave her the basics, pre sign up, times and start date party time, she stated that day WOULD NOT work for her! I explained to her as long as she was signed up and someone came in and stamped her passport a few times she still could come to the end pool party. I was friendly to her, even knowing that she has been a constant trouble maker! now I ask you all does this sound like I was not helpful in anyway?? she states that we are doing non library stuff. how would she know? she have x ray vision? every thing we do is on the comp. holds, discharge, check out, order books, supplies research, g mail for library, enter books mags , delete books and mags, she said that our library was cluttered. well she needs to state how? there is nothing on the floors.. monica's area is a pig pen, I did clean it up while she was gone. our library is so so small we have no room at all for storage. we have kids toys and they do play with them, books we do have over crowding and some books are hard to get to and we are not up to code and because we are grandfathered in what ever that means we don't have to have wheel chair ramps, physically impossible to do with this 100+ yr old building. I pull books to make room for others and put them in the lobby after time it is time for them to go and then I get talks about what to do with them, well I am sick of it! They are going to recycle or trash! It is not my job to haul them to this or that place cause they will take them, I don't get paid milage for it. I told the people if they want to do it then feel free to do so.. once I have deleted them they are not my problem anymore. this lady also has complained about the people in the library and conversations! well I am sorry it is a public place, we have had some not so nice people up there that i would of rather not had there either and I have complained to but it is a public place and I can't control what person says. we are not to discuss our person lives , health, or anything with people. I told monica ya I will be like sarah was then we will get remarks on how snooty and non talkative & unfriendly she was plus I have board member them selves talk of their personal lives! she made a comment about how she walks in she just wants to turn around and walk right back out and drive to Henderson co library even though it was a little out of her way. thats her own prerogative isn't it?? her library card allows her to go to basically any Illinois library she wants! she says that i am not helpful well i guess she does not know of the times that i take to books to people houses cause they are sick or to peoples business cause they can't get away from work, the handicap people that can't make it up the steps that call and tell me can you check me out so many books and meet me out by the road? took a persons lib card & pin num home w me and order books on line for them after hours cause the system was down so hopfully they might get a book by the time the book guy comes, the phone calls I make when the books come in, a lot of them are cell numbers now can you imagine the $ we could save if i didn't call people! no other lib calls people, you just show up and if your book is there its there, if not oh well you just made a trip into town for nothing and people are like that here, they live in the country they don't come to town unless they have to.well I have ranted, I have bawled so much over this hateful woman that has to make other miserable cause she is not happy in her own sad pathetic life. thanks for reading i know in my heart I have donr nothing wrong to deserve this attack from her and karma and GOD will pay her back 3x's over

Crabber85

library issues

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm

@Laurie, some people derive some type of sick pleasure out of causing others trouble and this is usually because the trouble maker feels powerless in their own lives and has to gain the feeling of being in control somewhere else.I have met people who are like this they can't get a grip on their personal lives be it their husbands, wives, children or what have you and they look for every opportunity they can find to have control over someone else since they have none over their own lives, it's sad really as they ruin their own reputations and burn bridges because they felt some compunction to meddle in others lives.I think the mentality of people like this is if I'm miserable then I'm going to make as many people miserable along the way as I can no matter what the cost...
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Laurie LeAnn

library issues

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 am

pretty much nailed it cause she had an affair got herself pregnant and the guy is a jerk and isn't leaving his wife & plays back and forth between the two of them. what is worse is my aunt is friends with her and has called me and asked me if I knew of anyone that could work in her business and I suggested people, before all this happened. no more! I blocked her from my facebook, it's set to private anyway, but I just don't trust it not that I have anything to hide I just don't want her seeing anything through friends of friends by any way shape or form. the board members have really torked me off by their actions, ya made me delete the library facebook fine but they want to be boss then I will treat you as patron! no more will treat you extra special, save books, stay after at meetings cause you want to check books out then. last night was a meeting. at 5 pm I said to brit shut it down { the comp } turn off the light and I walked out. I told monica the library closes at 5! they want to look for books and check out books they need to get here before 5 like everyone else, they don't work and the ones that do work later so they have plenty of time. You just don't treat laurie bad when I bend over backwards for you and go out of my way for you, cause when I get mad , I am mad..I get even and if they want to play by the rules then the rules apply to everyone!