College Students

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
CollegeCrabber

College Students

Post by CollegeCrabber » Fri May 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Just curious:Is anyone else in college? And do you currently have hermit crabs in your dorm/apartment?Because I'm in college and hermit crabs aren't allowed in my dorm. Not that there's really room for a 10 gallon even if I could have a couple hermit crabs.

CrazyCrab12

Re: College Students

Post by CrazyCrab12 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:29 pm

I'm in college, but i chose not to bring my crabs because i would have to bring them home every winter and summer break and i wouldn't want to stress out molters. I also wouldn't have been able to bring my big 45 gallon tank that i know they would be so much happier in. I brought my betta instead and she's just been a doll.
Buy a custom portrait of your crab!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChatfieldPetPortrait

Derpstra

Post by Derpstra » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm currently in college and live in my own apartment. I have a small tank with 3 crabs.

Maliblue

Post by Maliblue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:05 pm

I'm currently in college too, but for the time being I'm able to still live at home. I'll be transferring in a year though so I'm not too sure what I'll be doing with the crabs. If I have to stay in a dorm then I'll probably keep the crabs at home. If I can afford an apartment then I'll try to take the crabs with me.