Ureaka it worked. : )

LHC's social forum for all topics not hermit crab-related. Get to know your fellow LHC members here!

Topic author
Crabber85

Ureaka it worked. : )

Post by Crabber85 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Have been looking forwards to the completion of this migration for weeks and now that I've gotten re-registered and back on the new bigger better LHC forums I'm so excited.

I'm hoping my post count came along as well put a lot of hard work and effort into helping folks for the better part of six years over at the old LHC site just to have all that gone but if it is no biggie just have to keep trucking on.lol :D

Oops looks like it didn't, this site says that I only have a little over one-thousand posts when I actually had close to six thousand...
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Ureaka it worked. : )

Post by wodesorel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi Crabber85! JMT has told the staff about you and how much you do for the LHC, so it's nice to finally meet you! I look forward to working with you in the future. :)

JMT or Lady will have to explain what happened to the post count. Did you guys delete old topics? My guess would be that it's only counting the posts still in existence and not the ones that had been removed.
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:10 am

Thanks and yeah I've been really excited about the merger because I've kind of had a lot going on as far as my home life goes, I had to get an attorney to fight for my disability benefits and its been close to year since I first hired him and things have ground down nearly to a halt, I've lost my house and am basically looking at being homeless I've had several offers of places to stay but within days of the offers being made they have all fallen through which has left me with no alternatives but to live in a tent... :(

I'll be on here as much as I can but I don't know what the future holds for me past the end of this month so if I'm not on here regularly then you will all know why.

I told JMT that this merger couldn't come at a better time as I have been completely overwhelmed with everything I've had going on since about Feb of this year and really needed the help keeping my LHC'ers safe and sound and now that they have such a great staff and community to lean on I don't feel so stressed about not being available for the next couple of months.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:20 am

I really hope things work out for you! That is so much to deal with, it's absolutely crazy. You are amazing for thinking of everyone else while dealing with that much heartbreak and uncertainty. We'll try and take care of everyone while you are taking care of things in real life, although your community is so much older I have to wonder if they'll be the ones helping us. :)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:43 am

Some of our LHC members have been around since the early days when we first got created by Sasha and Roland back around 2001 then in 2002 the site was handed over to Christa Wilkin and she'd had it until about two years ago and then JMT stepped in and helped keep the community from disappearing forever.

I was one of the early birds had an account with LHC back in 2002 but it was lost during a migration we made to a new host and then I lost my desktop computer lightening hit the house for the second time in ten years and destroyed the motherboard and hard drive in it and we couldn't afford to replace it so I had to wait until 2009 to get a new computer and then I re-registered with LHC and have been an Admin there ever since.

Funny thing was, I was and have been the only male admin on the LHC staff and they brought me on after just a couple months of being re-registered because they said I was very knowledgeable and had a lot of free time so they asked me to step in and help them out during the day when they couldn't be on and I eagerly accepted the invitation to be an admin as I had nothing else going on and liked helping others and that mentality of helping out those that needed it just stuck with me so even when I've been down and out I've always had my friends and community to fall back on and to help which served a dual purpose it gave me an outlet and gave me a sense of purpose I guess that's why I've become so protective of my group.lol

Maybe after everything settles down for me I can get back to my usual routine and help out here just as much.

We have a lot of experienced veteran crabbers in the LHC community who would be willing to help out whenever and wherever answering questions.

I have heard some very good things about this community and the staff so I feel confident that my LHC'ers are in good hands. :innocent:
#Autism Speaks.

Lady WolfStorm
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Lady WolfStorm » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm

Crabber85 wrote:Have been looking forwards to the completion of this migration for weeks and now that I've gotten re-registered and back on the new bigger better LHC forums I'm so excited.

I'm hoping my post count came along as well put a lot of hard work and effort into helping folks for the better part of six years over at the old LHC site just to have all that gone but if it is no biggie just have to keep trucking on.lol :D

Oops looks like it didn't, this site says that I only have a little over one-thousand posts when I actually had close to six thousand...
Hey Crabber85,

Welcome to the flip side!

I looked at the original forums. It looks like LHC had two different numbers predominately displayed -- current post count of posts out in the threads, and cumulative post counts. It was the cumulative post counts where there were 5,855 posts made by you over the course of time at the LHC site. 1,723 posts for actual post count. So like what Wode said, posts get deleted so you don't actually have 5,855 posts in your name to move over. Sorry!

The HCA does not keep track of "accumulated post counts" like the LHC. We value post quality over quantity.

Now we're up to 1,742, so I believe all your existing posts at the time of the merger did make it over.
Proud mother to 4 PPs: Boss Hogg, Dollar, and No-Name (PPs, 4+ Years)
Tommy 8/30/10
RIP Mr. E, March 11, 2011-July 14, 2012 (E); Fizban 8/21/10 - 2012; Sandy, Chip and Dale (2007-2012) (PPs)

Topic author
Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:28 am

Yeah I figured that only the active post count on LHC.com got counted and from what I understood over there some of the accumulated post count could be lost if posts in certain sections of the forums were to be deleted because they were inflationary and caused an inaccurate count to be displayed.

I noticed that HCA doesn't do karma titles like the old LHC which is nice because I had to make up a new title that would suit both genders when they reached the 5000 post number as it was originally Crabby Diva and I just couldn't roll with that hanging over my head.lol

I think the new title was Keeper of the Knowings it was a community created title and was uni-gender enough to be suitable for our male members and being the only male admin already had its fair share of challenges just because so many new and old members alike thought I was female. :hlol:
#Autism Speaks.