PetsMart Vet Takes the Stores to Task!

Archived information regarding hermit crab welfare work done online, in pet stores and in the wild. Also discussions about the larger ramifications of keeping crabs as pets, captive breeding, etc.

Topic author

PetsMart Vet Takes the Stores to Task!

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 16, 2002 9:52 am

Hey everyone!I received this wonderful email just this afternoon from PetsMart's vet. Dr. Saint-Erne blasted not one, not two, but FIVE PetsMarts about their crab care. I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance! This is the text of the email he sent to the five stores:> Nick Saint-Erne wrote:> > Recently I have received some customer concerns about the care of the> hermit crabs in your store. Below is an example about one store from> one of the customers. At PETsMART, our corporate philosophy is to> provide the best care possible to ALL pets at all times. It is> important that the stores also commit to this philosophy. Please> review the attached caresheet (available from the online P & P) which> is the only caresheet we should be using with our customers and for> in-store care of the hermit crabs. Make sure the hermit crabs, as> well as all other pets in the store, are getting the best care> possible.> > Nick Saint-Erne, DVM> Quality Assurance> PETsMART, Inc.