www.zoomed.com

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Hermitcrabgirl

www.zoomed.com

Post by Hermitcrabgirl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:11 am

I completely reccomend this website. It is great. They have a whole section of products made just for hermit crabs. They have really good products.

Amanda2

www.zoomed.com

Post by Amanda2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 am

It's ok but they sell painted and glow in the dark shells

Crabber85

www.zoomed.com

Post by Crabber85 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Zoo-med, has some good items like uth pads, heat lamps, infrared and moon glo bulbs and some assorted accessories but the Zoo-med brand hermitcrab food, painted climbing branches, painted shells, claci or hermitcrab sand, hermitcrab drinking water conditioner, glow in the dark shells and dishes and the pooper scooper are all bad buys because they are either completely useless or their toxic to the crabs.Remember not everything marketed for hermitcrabs is actually safe for them.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Topic author
Tetra4CClyPtus

www.zoomed.com

Post by Tetra4CClyPtus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:07 am

I totally agree !! The paint and the glow paint is definately toxic for the crabs. They can either chip off and the crab can injest it and also be stuck to the shell. Also crabs in painted shells are more stressed because of the force that was used to get them out their natural into The painted shells.

GalaxyCrab22

Re: www.zoomed.com

Post by GalaxyCrab22 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:59 pm

I never use painted shells. And if they come in a painted one, like Kenny did. I offer naturals and let them change, then immediately remove the painted ones. His old one had a huge blob of clear coat on the bottom and I'm so glad he changed or wasn't stuck. He is so much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rawrgeous

Re: www.zoomed.com

Post by Rawrgeous » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Unfortunately the OP hasn't been on in well over a year, I'm not sure they'll see this. :)

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk