The Hermit Crab Patch (formerly known as The Crabbage Patch)

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:16 am

I ordered 5 large shells from there. They came super fast-and they were packed really well. The price was great too. My crabs dove in them right away! No more painted shells! yay. I will definately order from them again.

bonniesmom

Post by bonniesmom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:14 pm

I just got my third order from HCP; all the shells were beautiful and each wrapped seperatly and then in bubble wrap. But, I must tell you that I bought both the hermit crab Christmas ornaments and they are just darling. A Must Have for any crab lover; their just too cute!

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Ha Ha I got one of the ornaments and a pack of christmas cards! There great!!

DiscoDigi786

Post by DiscoDigi786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

I am very happy to read all this positive feedback from this vendor. I made one order for shells and sponges... does anyone recommend any food or supplements? I was considering their treat kit to help hand tame my crabs.

eyohkay

Post by eyohkay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 am

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDigi786:does anyone recommend any food or supplements? I have yet to buy something from THCP that my crabs won't eat. I offer their worm castings, mineral supplement, and Krab Kibble at all times. There is pretty much always a crab in the mineral supplement, and the dish is always emptied before I have to throw it out. The mineral powder just disappears and is replaced by little mineral poops, haha. Calcium in some form should also be offered at all times, which they have lots of, but can also easily be found at the pet store. My kids also like the few small treat bags that I have bought, which they prefer as a powder instead of moistened.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:49 am

Their mineral supplement is a must. My crabs have a dish of it and I sprinkle it on their daily foods and they seem more interested in them.

DiscoDigi786

Post by DiscoDigi786 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks for this trick (sprinkling food with powder vs offering it separately), I will use it to get them to approach a wider variety of foods from now on. I hate it when things go to waste!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:46 am

quote:Originally posted by DiscoDigi786:I am very happy to read all this positive feedback from this vendor. I made one order for shells and sponges... does anyone recommend any food or supplements? I was considering their treat kit to help hand tame my crabs. I just recieved an order from them. I got the Staple, which my crabs seem to like, but they just love the free sample of the FMR Fruit Treat that I got. I also ordered a pack of their medium shells, they were all so beautiful! There were a couple of small shells in there, but overall I'm very happy with the selection of shells I received. I'm thinking about ordering their substrate mix, it's about $5 but the shipping is about $10 per bag. It sounds like a great mix, has anyone used their substrate mix before? And like everyone else, I received my order quickly. I was happy about that because I was so anxious about getting it. I was really surprised how quick it got here.

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

I went and checked the site out and found it to be well put together and easy to navigate and her articles are very acurate so all in all I am very pleased with it.I have not ordered anything from her because of being un-employed but I am looking forward to doing so in the future...
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi, I order the sand substrate from HCP, my crabs love it! I always see them eating whatever is in it. I think they mix things in it that are good for them. And its pure Florida sand! As soon as I put it in the tank, they went to town! All of the crabs were sucking the water out of it for hours, lol,quote:Originally posted by mykidshermies:quote:Originally posted by DiscoDigi786:I am very happy to read all this positive feedback from this vendor. I made one order for shells and sponges... does anyone recommend any food or supplements? I was considering their treat kit to help hand tame my crabs. I just recieved an order from them. I got the Staple, which my crabs seem to like, but they just love the free sample of the FMR Fruit Treat that I got. I also ordered a pack of their medium shells, they were all so beautiful! There were a couple of small shells in there, but overall I'm very happy with the selection of shells I received. I'm thinking about ordering their substrate mix, it's about $5 but the shipping is about $10 per bag. It sounds like a great mix, has anyone used their substrate mix before? And like everyone else, I received my order quickly. I was happy about that because I was so anxious about getting it. I was really surprised how quick it got here.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:26 am

I also order stuff from the Crab Patch and from Hermit Crab Addiction store and have been very pleased, The Crab Patch even updated their way of payment so you can do money orders. I can't find shells around where I live that will fit my crabs with out going to wal mart or hobby lobby and paying 10$ for a bag that migght have one shell that will work. I love that you can pick your shell and they are really cheap compared to a pet shop I went to. I paid 5$ each for 2 shells and my crabs won't have anything to do with them. So I have some cool side decorations!

Crabby Abby

Post by Crabby Abby » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:50 pm

If you do place a food order I recommend getting their mineral mix. I don't know what's in it but it gets rave reviews from all my crabs and they'll either share the dish, line up or push each other from it in excited anticipation.
-----------------------------------
Photobucket album
Spay or neuter your pet. It's a matter of life or death.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:05 am

I get my shells from there to, every pet shop I went to I ask do you have hermit crab shells and they say yes and they are all so small or they are the wrong type of shells and yes they charged 5 $ for one shell that my crab flipped over once or twice and walked away from it. I also get foods from there and from hermit crab addiction shop to. Pet shops in this area don't have much to choose from.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

A moved post from wolfpack:I received my order from Hermit Crab Patch on Friday and was soooo excited. Everything was awesome and the shells are even more beautiful than the pictures on the website. Two free shell dishes were included - I actually needed some of those so that was perfect. I'm eager to try the foods I bought and see how my hermit crabs like them although the Surf N Turf will have to be tried some other time when I can place another order. I thought I had placed it up high enough but my dogs got to it. One gobbled it as fast as she could so it must be really good. The other dog rolled in it. It would have been funny if I hadn't been looking forward to using it with the crabs. I will definitely be back to shop at this excellent website again.
~ crabbing since 2003

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 am

Just adding to the list of how awesome they are! I recently made a massive shell order, with a couple other things. My second order from them. I was looking back through and realized I had missed a few shells. I ordered enough for it to be free ground shipping and if possible did not want to pay 25 bucks for 14 bucks in shells. I called them last night and they were closed already, opened a order processing ticket. They were out of the office today, but they just responded and added the 4 missing shells to the order. Will edit this when I get my package for a fast delivery note. Woot!!! they are awesome, and like everybody else posts, my babies love the stuff I get from there!