"The Hermit Crab Addiction" Store

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:01 pm

Didn't see a link for this here so I thought I'd add it: Hermit Crab AddictionGreat prices, good service and lots of food to choose from. Fun online place to shop.
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:45 am

Just wanted to say I received my order today. Wow I am so happy with my order. I ordered one of the hemp nets , Best seller pack #2 food & 4 shells. This was my first online order for my crabs. She sent along a bunch of samples & a dime sized sand dollar. Customer service was outstanding also.

Topic author
KaraJo

Post by KaraJo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 pm

I received my order 2 weeks ago. They have awesome prices and a wide variety of foods! I got a hemp net, some honey and a shell from there. I also got some little samples of different foods to try. And I finally got worm castings...which, just like everyone said, they loved!

breezeetew

Post by breezeetew » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 am

I can't believe I waited so long to post this, except... I haven't even given all of the different things included in my gift basket (thanks Addiction and LHC) from the raffle on Valentine's Day.Everything is beautiful and they seem to have enjoyed everything I have put in so far. That is, if the footprints in the food dish are any indication...
I have had hermit crabs for a couple of years and still have most of my originals. I joined LHC over a year ago and have learned a lot about crab care there. I have about 50 crabs (PP, Straw and E) in my 130 gallon tank that is a feature point of my living room.
Mother of 4 humans, one canine, 3 felines and many aquarium dwellers.

Topic author
bellissima

Post by bellissima » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:25 pm

My package came already! She threw in a bunch of extra goodies, and packaged them really well. I am so excited! My crabs are under hopefully molting right now so it might be a few weeks before they can use any of it. But by then I should have my "garden" of chai ready for them!I am so excited! lol

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed May 30, 2007 7:14 am

Problem with HCA store:I know some of you have ordered from her and in the past I have too and would have recommened her to just about anyone. But I have ran into a problem with getting answers back from the owner. A couple of weeks ago I was going to place an order. I noticed a lot of what I wanted was not in. I wrote her an email asking if she could just let me know when the things I was wanting would all be in so I can order my things in one shippment (anyone wh has ordered there knows the shipping will kick you in the bottom). She wrote me back and said she would save my email and when everything came in she would write me back and let me know. The next day she sent me an email stating everything was in but 1 item but I could just order a differnt size. I wrote her back and told her I would just take the larger size then. When I went to her site to do my ordering , some still was not available. I wrote her back and asked if i needed to order through email or what, since you can't place an order on an item that is not in stock...... I am still waiting for an answer ....and that was a few weeks ago... I am really hoping my emails just aren't reaching her and not her ignoring me.

Topic author
Froggz37

Post by Froggz37 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:08 am

Since my crabs absolutely love worm castings I wanted to post about the difference between HCAddiction's, and CrabbagePatches. While the castings from the crabbage patch might be cheaper to buy, I prefer HCAddictions because there is more organic matter to it, and alot less sand. There is also a difference in the smell, HCAddictions castings smell completely different than CP's and my crabs are in the dish faster when I refil it when using the castings from HCAddiction. Since I have used both sources I just wanted to let people know my opinion on them.

Topic author
NewCrabber

Post by NewCrabber » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:41 am

Thanks for that info, Froggz. I have only used worm castings from The Crabbage Patch, but honestly, I can't imagine my troop flocking to the dish any faster than they do or spending more time in it.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:33 am

I have ordered from Vicki a couple of times now. The products are great and the crabs love them. There was a glitch with one order and not only did she rectify it she sent oodles of other goodies for the kids...lol. I will definately continue to use her store. I think the favourite item thus far has been the flavoured cuttlebone. They get a different variety every feeding.

Topic author
FlightResponse

Post by FlightResponse » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:29 am

I have to say, Vicki knows the secret to making food that will please hermit crabs! I usually serve mine commercial food, or selections from the bulk rack at the local organic store, and they never got too excited about it. When I started feeding them HCA food, they POUNCED on the dish in literally .5 seconds!

Topic author
Dakiato

Post by Dakiato » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:37 am

Got my order yesterday! The dandelion delacies are great. i got the tropical, it contains carrots, dried cranberries, carrots, leaves, and lots more. The worm castings look great too. I also got 2 samples of walnut, a dried piece of banana, dried carrots, dried cranberry, boost poweder, peanuts, hemp seed, and pumpkin seeds, ALL FREE!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 am

I had a "lost" order with Vicki and her store for the past few weeks. She was great about getting back to me and offered to replace the entire order if it didn't show up. Well, it came today and everything was just as I ordered and perfect. She even included many samples of food for my little crabs. I appreciate her and her dedication to her customers. I am an addict of the hermit crab addiction for sure! Thanks Vicki!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:15 pm

They don't deliver to australia!!!!!!I know its because of our quarentine laws but i got so excited and i didnt realise until i had a cart full of stuff.... so annoying i was also pretty excited about getting free taste tests.... sighhhhhhhhhh

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:13 am

I placed an order. I asked by email first what I should feed my small PPs as a staple diet and she recommended the PP mix. My crabs love it, especially the walnuts. She threw in like a dozen tiny baggies of treats, all labeled so I can see what they like and order next time. I also got a nice hemp rope for climbing - instant 2nd level.

Topic author
Annamy

Post by Annamy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 am

I ordered a hemp net from her also, whick I love in my tank, and I think the crabs do too! LOL!! And some of the "addiction collection". And I got sooo many samples! Between her and the Crabbage Patch, I rarely have to go to any pet stores, which is great, as I would rather give my business to someone who really knows and cares about hermit crabs.