Naples Seashell Company Offers LHC Members 10% Discount

This is where links to crab-related websites are posted with the opportunity for members to recommend or critique each site. Please be polite, even if you have a complaint. No advertising or introductions by store owners, please. All threads in this forum must be pre-approved by Administrators before being posted.

backslash14

Post by backslash14 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 am

There was no pink slip that I'm aware of. It shipped parcel post.There was an order number.. but I'm not sure if that can be used to track it. Nothing is mentioned of tracking in the only e-mail I received...The order number we were told to use if contacting them regarding our order, which I've tried. Voice mailbox is full- they don't pick up, and I haven't received and replies to e-mails.

dylan644

Post by dylan644 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:20 pm

I thought they gave you a link so you could track it, I looked back at the emails. I got from them before and they don't give you a link were you cant track it...which I think they should do. They would have to track it for you.....I don't know what to tell you. This is odd. Maybe something is happening in their family, I think it is a family ran business.

Topic author
ashdawn14

Post by ashdawn14 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Backlash, I had a similar experience on my one and only time ordering from them. There was no tracking number in my email (they send the confirmation at the time the order is received, which can be up to a week before they actually ship it). I emailed the company to ask if my package had been shipped yet, and if so if I could have a tracking number for it. I received a VERY snotty reply letting me know that my order should be there within the next week. When I finally did get my order, about a third of the shells weren't what I ordered to begin with. They were all the cheaper shells, so I decided it wasn't worth messing with returning them, but I will NOT be using this company again.

backslash14

Post by backslash14 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:02 am

....I better get the shells I ordered... =/ I'm very particular when I select things...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:05 am

have you already been charged? sometimes stores don't charge till it ships.

backslash14

Post by backslash14 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 am

I got a reply after so many days. Better than nothing.Message body "Hello,I apologize for the delay. This order will be delivered on Thursday October 13thThank You,Frank"That will be just under 3 weeks.. if it actually arrives then. I don't see how they can tell me the date of delivery. I'm gonna laugh if it comes in the same day is my order from the addiction store that I made yesterday (only not really).

Topic author

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 am

Addiction ships really fast. I ordered stuffs normal shipping. Had 2 orders due to glitchy system and got a call from them at like 8 that same night, to figure out the order issue. It shipped the next day and had it like 2 days later. Oh and my guys love the chilly stuffs, every time I put it in the Es tank it is gone next time I check on them.

Topic author
ashdawn14

Post by ashdawn14 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

I've got to get some more shells for my E. He's in a shell that's way too small and grotesquely painted, but has snubbed every shell I've offered so far.Does Addiction have shells too or just food?ETA: Nevermind. Just found a link. It's amazing what you can learn about a website by, you know, opening it.

Topic author
hamsterofpain

Post by hamsterofpain » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:59 am

I wish I had read this before I ordered from Naples! I placed my order with them on October 1st. I got the confirmation email and the money came out of my account. It's nearly 20 days later and nothing. They have not returned my calls or my emails. I'm getting really frustrated and I'm going to be pretty upset if I don't get what I ordered.

dylan644

Post by dylan644 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 pm

I really wonder what is going on....... this isn't normal based on what the reviews I have read about them and on my personal experience, I do hope both of you get your orders!

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Their longest listed time of arrival on purchases is five to seven days from date of purchase which is leading me to believe that either they are getting backed up on their orders or the postal system is having glitches which isn't surprising since only yesterday a package arrived at Valley Forge addressed to G-Washington talk about speedy delivery.lolAll kidding aside though these orders should be getting shipped out and arriving to you according to their own statement in five to seven business days so something is seriously wrong on their part they seem to have gotten way backed up at this point and need to restore order before they begin loosing lots of customers.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

backslash14

Post by backslash14 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 am

I probably won't be ordering from there again. I listed for regular shipping, and paid for regular shipping, and almost 3 weeks later I got a package, labeled priority. The e-mail I received after attempting to contact them several other times was short, and not informative of the situation, basically it said "Sorry, it will be there on Thursday."I'm led to believe my order got forgotten about or looked over.

Frostfire

Post by Frostfire » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am

The hermit crab patch ships very fast. I'd recommend it.

Topic author
hamsterofpain

Post by hamsterofpain » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:41 am

I finally got an email from frank and he said they had family problems. Not sure if it's true or not, but I did get my package today. It had everything I ordered but I don't think I'll be going through them again. I don't like waiting a month for my order.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:02 am

I don't understand their [naples] sizing chart with shells, it says 1-1/2 --2 inch shells but when click on the picture it says add to cart then it says totally dif size, 7/8th ? so is the shell size the 2 inch or the what??? I need 2 inch opening shells and a little smaller & can't find anything. they need to be turbos natural or jade.