Help

Where to post if you have questions or concerns about your Isolation Tank ("ISO").

pjc01

Help

Post by pjc01 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am

My sister has a hermit crab in a 10 gallon and doesn't feed it or give it water or anything I keep telling her to, but she won't listen. So, when she is not looking, I feed it and give it the proper care. Of course it doesn't have a heater. She got it at a boardwalk in August, and the little guy is still fighting! I don't know what to do with it! I asked my sister to give it to my LFS, she said it's hers and she "loves it". I honestly don't know what to do. I tried so hard, but she won't listen... I think one day when I go to my LFS, I will sneak the hermit crab in and give it to the owner... their hermit crabs are really well taken care of. What can I do to help him? (It doesn't have a heater or a light)

jgfceit

Help

Post by jgfceit » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 am

Hello!The light is not essential, but heat (especially during the winter) is very important. Why not give her a heater, some good quality hermit crab food, and a hermit crab care book for Christmas? That will have her caring for the poor guy instead of you
My Website (Check it out!):
My Point(s) Of View
Three PP's: Sporta and Curiosity

Topic author
jenok

Help

Post by jenok » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:49 am

If she isn't even trying to feed it then she doesn't love it. I think I would remove the crab and take it to them if they want it. And if or when she notices its gone tell her it must have escaped or died and you disposed of it. You may need to come up with a "How did it escape?" answer though.