treat thing

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

Topic author
crazycrabber

treat thing

Post by crazycrabber » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:01 am

can i feed my hermit crabs persimmone with chestnuts, honey, hot water, all spice, cinnamon, and cardamom? i baked it in the oven.
experience comes from this: Harvey (tarantula), flanders (cat), 2 pp hermit crabs, (marshawn pinch, and richard shermit), smallstress house hamster(hamster), baron purplemoon (fish).
This signature is currently in violation of our five line maximum policy.

Crabber85

treat thing

Post by Crabber85 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:32 am

No unfortunately the spices like all spice and cinnamon are big no no's for hermitcrabs as these things are said to irritate their delicate digestive systems.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Keg

treat thing

Post by Keg » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 pm

It sounds good for peoplefolk though.

jenok

treat thing

Post by jenok » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:25 am

They could have the persimmon and chestnut without the spices. Make sure no pesticide or fertilizer was used though. I have a few persimmon trees on my family's property that I know is safe/organic and they like to eat those. I don't buy it from the store.

Keg

treat thing

Post by Keg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:16 am

I just googled "persimmon hermit crab" and it looks like Hermit Crab Addiction sells it as food. This link says Chestnuts are OK for crabs...http://hermitcrab101.tumblr.co...hould-i-feed-my-crabAlthough chestnut wood is not ok, by the way.http://epicurean-hermit.com/fo...showth ... ?tid=9I've been told (by crabber85) not to give table salt to crabs, so no salted chestnuts, if there is such a thing.