Marshawn Pinch born slick, and a killer

Where you post anything related to hermit crabs that does not fit into the categories below.

crazycrabber

Post by crazycrabber » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:23 pm

One of my crabs, Marshawn Pinch was born slick. He was born a killer. He was born, strong, sturdy, powerful, and resilient. He may be a killer, but i love him the same. As you know he harmed Richard when he was molting, and just yesterday, i saw him standing over a cricket that i dropped in because i know that they are safe, because they are on the food list, so why not experiment? Since they can't give hermit crabs diseases, and they are way smaller, and hermit crabs can pinch them to death if need be, then why not. whatever happens will only harm the cricket more. i saw him standing over the cricket, who had his abdomen ripped off and was barely moving! god i had thought and heard that they wouldn't hunt! Amazing! I put another one in and marshawn deftly and slyly flicked him off the cholla wood when the cricket climbed on. I didn't know hermit crabs could just flick things so beautifully out of their sight! it was quick, and deft. Moving on to the now biggest one, Richirp Sherman, he is more lazy and just stays at the top of the cholla wood most of the time. Boy though, does he have muscles or what? His legs are bulging with muscles, he is so big. Dawn, the smallest is definitely a fighter. every time i pick him up to try to hold him, he blocks the entrance with his big pincher, and opens it and closes it. It is clear he was abused at the pet store. anyway to train him to get more used to holding, or will he be more of a watch hermit crab? He came with Richirp, and yet, Marshawn and Richirp normally seem to hang out while Dawn hides until night. It really is interesting! Is there such a thing as loners? He hangs out as times, but hides a lot more. He changes shells a lot though.
experience comes from this: Harvey (tarantula), flanders (cat), 2 pp hermit crabs, (marshawn pinch, and richard shermit), smallstress house hamster(hamster), baron purplemoon (fish).
This signature is currently in violation of our five line maximum policy.

Laurie LeAnn

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:50 pm

My crabs freeze if there is anything in their tank that isn't supposed to be in there. They are crickets from a pet store right and not from out side. Out side crickets can pose a threat to your crabs from bringing in out side foreign matter that can harm them. Chemical, diseases, who knows what..

Crabber85

Post by Crabber85 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:03 am

@Crazy Crabber, hermitcrabs are scavengers by nature and never kill live prey instead they typically opt to wait for prey to die on its own.Hermitcrabs who have been known to kill tank mates are more prone to killing anything else that goes into their tank because they don't have normal thought processes due to some underlying issue whether it be because they were abused in the past or mishandled either of these things can make the crab aggressive and prone to killing.Theres a thread in the archive entitled rehabilitating a killer and the OP basically had to separate the killer into his own enclosure after several failed attempts at rehabbing him to a community tank.The crab came from an abusive past which caused him to be reconditioned from his natural state to that of a serial killer he became hostile, violent and was prone to lashing out at the OP and the other crabs she had in the tank with him.Given then fact that Marshawn has already displayed some sociopathic tendencies towards his other tank mates and seems to enjoy killing live prey which again is very a-typical for hermitcrabs this suggests to me that he has some underlying emotional problems that may not be fixable at this point.
Hi I have autism so I tend to answer questions very directly and with little emotion so please don't think I'm being rude.
#Autism Speaks.

Keg

Post by Keg » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:58 am

No wonder. You named him after Marshawn Lynch who is a troublesome running back for the Seattle Seahawks.