My 3 Clawed Hermie Dewey died...

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:51 am

I woke up this morning and did the Christmas thing with my Family then I went to do the Hermies water dishes and as soon as I opened the door on my tank I knew some one was dead. So I did the claw count and when I lifted the Hidey Hut Tree trunk that I have I found Dewey right there on top ripped from his shell and half eaten I am so upset, Seems like some one that I love has to die every Christmas. He was fine on Friday at play time, I just don't understand why????? He molted perfectly and now this. Thanks for listening to my whinning.Sandra<-----

Topic author
Aviate

Post by Aviate » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:47 am

Oh no!!! Not dewey!! I am so sorry!! As soon as I saw your thread my heart sank. He made hermie history. He will be missed by all of us.

Topic author
GSnicklegrove

Post by GSnicklegrove » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:19 am

I am so sorry for your loss, Sandra.{{{HUGS}}}Gertie

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:21 am

Sandra -- I am so sorry about Dewey! You were so excited about his new molt, too! I felt so awful when I saw the title of this thread. Dewey was such a special little hermie. *hugs*
~ crabbing since 2003

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:15 am

Awwwwwwww oh no Sandra, im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry sis for your loss, poor Dewey.. He was a very very special hermie.. Awwwwwwwww **HUGS** Im so sorry sis...

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:22 am

*Hugs*I am so sorry!!! He was a great crab!!! I am soooo sorry for your loss!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:14 am

I'm so sorry Sandra *hermie hugs* I know Dewey was a one of a kind crab. But these thinkg happen...

Topic author
CrabbyJ

Post by CrabbyJ » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:38 pm

Aw, I couldn't believe it when I read the title of this thread. I am so sorry. I can imagine how heartbroken you are after he molted so well. Hermie Hugs to you!

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:03 pm

I found him next to his shell all dried up. No one touched his shell so I'm not sure what happened and I really don't want to know if ya know what I mean. I just have to deal with it I guess Thanks to all of you for your kind words they really do mean alot to me. Sandra

Topic author

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:20 pm

sandra im so sorry . i found one of my new ruggies dead this morning, i wanted a ruggie so bad, i feel for you hope you feel better soon

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:50 am

Sandra, I'm so very sorry for you loss...Dewey was one special crab and one LHC will never forget!!

Topic author
Hercule

Post by Hercule » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:16 am

Too bad that happend. It must really be upsetting for you because how often do you come across a "3 clawed" hermit crab?

Topic author

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:23 am

I'm so sorry. Dewey was a favorite of this site. His uniquiness will be sorely missed.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:05 am

Oh, Sandra! I'm so sorry. I haven't been on here for a few weeks and I just saw this thread! Poor Dewey, poor you. I'm so sad for you. He was special and you are a wonderful hermie mom. He was so lucky to have you to love him and worry about him. I know it's hard right now, but find comfort in the fact that you gave him the absolute BEST life a hermie could have! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Topic author

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:36 am

Hi Sandra!I'm new to this forum....what an interesting little guy! I'm so sorry to hear of his passing:-(I took a look at your pictures of him....that is quite amazing....three claws. He was very special:-)Be well....~cAt*