I can't believe she's gone...

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
PSUPrncess10

I can't believe she's gone...

Post by PSUPrncess10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:00 am

Maggie Mae has passed... it appears she didn't make it through a molt - I found her naked under the substrate.She was the one left of my original two crabs... what got me started in all of this. I adopted her in August of 2003 on vacation in North Carolina. She was a GORGEOUS deep purple and had the best personality... very friendly, not a scaredy crab - she was truly the gentle giant. She was so tiny when I got her and got to be bigger than a golf ball. She and my cat, Oliver, loved each other - she'd come up to the glass in the tank and he'd paw at her from the other side. I've never ever cried over losing a crab before and I'm a mess right now.Since there's 4 feet of snow on the ground outside, she has been buried in my potted jalapeno plant... all of my deceased crabs have been buried in the vegetable garden outside - I can't bare to just throw them in the trash and it only seems natural that they help another being to grow and prosper.Maggie will definitely be missed... by her tank mates and humans (and cats) alike.