Jess

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

Jess

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:55 am

My most favoritest hermie passed away on Friday. She recently had a bad surface molt in which she was left with only her LP left. I was moving her to the food and water dishes periodically. I moved her to the honey dish on Friday morning and when I went to check on her, she was face down in the honey dish. She was in the shell, but it looked like she wasn't gripping it and had fallen into the shell. I picked her up and rinsed her off. She clicked at me a few times, but was motionless. I checked on her althroughout the day. I am not sure at what time she passed, but she was gone by the evening. I don't know why she couldn't pull herself back into the shell, but she couldn't. She might have been exaughsted, and I wish she was here now so I could ask her. . . I would have owned her for 2 months today, and she almost made it. . . . . .