big loss

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

big loss

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:30 pm

to begin with,I have not taken care of my crabsI had an accident two months ago and spent most of the time in a coma,I'm still spending time at my mom's and my aunts because I wasn't able to stay at home at my college to recover,my granddad has taken over caring for my crabs,and my dog has taught him to mind her!but my crabtank has not been cleaned the whole time and I've been out of the picture for four months,I lost two crabs(out of five) in the process and no one can guarantee how many crabs I will lose,they had to move to a smaller more portable tank and I often find them without water,though I'm told they are given water so I don't know what to do,my folks have never heard of shipping crabs and I don't want to bug my granddad,he works nights and my dog has taught him to put her in bed with him(living at my grandparents has left her spoiled)and leave the door open so she can get water,he's taken care of her so well I don't want to try him for taking care of what is assumed pets that I can throw away or "let go at the beach"(we don't live near one)I don't plan on anyone making it because most of my relatives are scared of them and I can't get good answers as to how their cared for