I'll Always Love You Pedro

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

I'll Always Love You Pedro

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 am

On August 2, 2011, I found myself at the beach, staring at a hermit crab who had washed up on shore. I ended up naming him Pedro and my mom let me bring him home. We stopped by Petland and bought him a tank and everything. When we got home, we realized the tank we had bought was too small and the food dishes wouldn't fit. We found a compromise and put the food in the caps of small bottles. Then, we tried to bathe Pedro in salt water, just like the pet store advised. Poor Pedro got so scared that he shot into his shell, fast as lightning, and we were afraid we drowned the poor guy! After about an hour of nervousness, Pedro finally came back out of his shell. Then, we resolved to go to bed. I got up in the middle of the night to look at Pedro and he wasn't moving. I was worried, but I just brushed that off as weird crab behavior. In the morning, Pedro was half-way out of his shell and still wasn't moving. After several hours, he was proclaimed dead. Even though I didn't know Pedro too long, I still love him and miss him.RIP Pedro.