RIP Juliet

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
Geranium

RIP Juliet

Post by Geranium » Tue May 22, 2012 6:50 am

I knew she was in trouble and fairly sure she was dead but it still is sad when it's positive. I've been very ill the last several weeks with a gallstone and just wasn't up to really looking at her. One night in early May (really two nights in a row) she was digging a hole next to the water dish, not covering herself though just a deep hole/tunnel. The next morning her shell was still in that hole but she was naked in the opposite corner of the tank. No one was bothering her, no signs of damage. She was completely still, no antenna movement, nothing. She was ashy in color. I moved her and her shell to the ready ISO. She never moved, not in 3? weeks. I finally buried her yesterday. Her color wasn't ashy anymore though which I found really odd. I checked carefully that there was no movement. And there was some mold growing on her lower abdomen, at least it looked like mold. I still have no idea what happened to her. Conditions were good..sigh. RIP little one.Peg