Scarlet- forever in my heart

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
Frostfire

Scarlet- forever in my heart

Post by Frostfire » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 am

ScarletPurple pinchermaleadopted July 15th, 2010 from PetcoDied October 6th, 2011 from molting problems and/or underground attack.Adoption buddies: Houdini and Lily.Scarlet is my first crab to die that has lived in a suitable home their entire time with me. I always have and always will love this crab more than I could ever express through words. I would love to have time to share with you everything I loved about Scarlet, but there isn't enough space on the entire internet to do that. So I'll make it quick.He was gorgeous, a deep red, right from the beginning. From the time I first laid eyes on him i knew he was special. Of all the crabs, I knew that some how, Scarlet was the one who was really trying to figure me out. Houdini may be good at preforming tricks and feats, but I always knew Scarlet knew the most about me, and about who I was to him. Although large in comparison to tank mates, Scarlet was always very compassionate for younger crabs and never minded when little guys got in his way. He didn't prefer to be held, not at all- but Scarlet knew that a little exploration out of the tank would do him no harm, and he learned to enjoy it. I miss you more and more each day my departed friend, you will be in my heart forever, and I hope I have done enough to be in yours.Forever missing you,Frostfire