Bye Hermie II

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

Bye Hermie II

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm

I have not been on in a while. I have been pretty sad lately since my most favorite crab in the whole world died a while ago. Hermie II was the biggest crab I have ever owned, not very big only a bit larger than a golf ball, but he was the gentlest. He never ever pinched me. (I can't say the same for the other 4) He had the deepest chirp I have ever heard and he was a little crazy. He was very fast and loved to climb. Unfortunately he was never as healthy as my other crabbies. He had difficult molts and I could never figure out just quite how to help him. Often he tried to surface molt. About a week into his 4th molt in my ownership, my mom came into my room to look for something and accidentally unplugged my tanks heater. Poor Hermie was buried right over the top of it because my room gets pretty cold, especially at night. And since he was in the ISO Tank and buried I didnt check on him often. I looked at the thermometer and noticed it was a bit cold but I wasn't worried because he was buried right over the heater. I didn't noticed it was unplugged until 2 weeks later. I am such a bad crab mommy! If only I had noticed! RIP Hermie II