Cora- gone but not forgotten

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author
Frostfire

Cora- gone but not forgotten

Post by Frostfire » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm sad to announce that we dug up cora's dead body yesterday. She died from a molting complication. I know she was dead because she had two sets of all her limbs but they were falling off and both sets were stiff and unmoving. She was golfball sized and had been down there since before Christmas. I got Cora at a mall stand in April of 2009, along with two others (one died of PPS, the other unknown causes) she survived through all kinds of critterkeepers and inspired me to research hermit crabs. I was shocked to learn just how misunderstood hermit crabs are. Even the teachers at my school have the vision that it's extraordinary and unheard of for me to have hermit crabs still alive that I got 6 months ag. Cora lived to be put into my 15 gallon tank, and live with my 3 new crabs I got in July. Cora will be greatly missed. She has been laid to rest in shell in the backyard near the lilac bush.