RIP Rudy, I love you

Where to post about the loss of your beloved pet hermit crabs. Replies are not permitted in this forum; please PM a member with your condolences for his or her loss.

Topic author

RIP Rudy, I love you

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:16 pm

You really weren't doing good from the start, but that doesn't mean you weren't a great crab. I got you in May 2011 and rescued you from an arcade gift shop because you had a stick wedged behind you in your shell. I broke the stick in half with the tweezers, careful not to hurt you, and the two pieces came out easily. I took you home and introduced you to my two crabs, Herbert & Arnold. They took to you well and loved you as a family member. You were skittish and shy and I would only hold you sometimes because I knew the enormous amount of stress you had on your claws and I didn't want to worsen it. So two months later, you had been staying under the small piece of driftwood for awhile. You would eat from the food dish sometimes. And then one night last week, I found you on the side of the tank with your claws & legs fallen out. I knew you had dropped your limbs during the night full of stress, because Herbert and Arnold were buried underneath the substrate, sleeping and they would never hurt you. I looked away when I saw your legs littered, and made my mom clean you up because I couldn't bear to see my Rudy so... apart. I said my final goodbyes to you when you were in the soap box. I miss you so much. I wish I could've had a longer time with you. But, at least I made your last two months full of comfort with two calm crabs who were happy to take you in. RIP Rudy <3 You're loved.