Growing Crab Family

Welcome to the Internet's oldest land hermit crab forum! This forum is for new member introductions and for introducing new additions to your crab colony ONLY.

ILoveHermies

Growing Crab Family

Post by ILoveHermies » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21 pm

I was in PetSmart the other day because I finally had to get a UTH and as usual, I wandered over to look at the hermit crabs. I saw one that was missing a HUGE piece of his shell right on top of his abdomen. I went back today and looked for that crab, I didn't see the one with the cracked shell, probably due to the angry letter I sent PetSmart, so I got one that looked similar and looked almost like he was being bullied. His name is Harvey and so far he's a sweet little crab. I put him in the ISO tank to make sure he won't cause any issues for my other crabs, especially since I have two molters. I can't wait to see how he'll do with my other crabs. Here's a picture of Harvey: http://s938.photobucket.com/us...zpsfb8e859d.jpg.html
6 PPs: Shelldon, Kingler, Delilah, Bubba, Steve & Harvey R.I.P: Indie 1 tortoise: Digger 1 Cat: Sammie 2 Dogs: Josie & Louise

jasonmom

Growing Crab Family

Post by jasonmom » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 am

So cute.

Laurie LeAnn

Growing Crab Family

Post by Laurie LeAnn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:08 am

yes it's a good thing to iso him, let him de stress also a good time to see if there are mites. before you do intro him you might want to give him and the others a bath in their water { I made mine room temp } this made everyone smell the same. I had issues with a bully and this seemed to help.